Chapter 12

3rd Person

As Jordan, Mike and Austin leave to do their investigating. John on the other hand is where he said he will be. in his office making a phone call.

"You want me to come back after you told me to go home?" Jack's voice is loud on the phone that is held near John's ear.

"Sarah found some type of place which sells magical kelp that can get Stella back on her fishtail. If the kelp does help Stella then I won't be able to comfort Sarah if anything particular happens to the dolphin. That is why you must return when I call you back to tell you what to do." John explains his thoughts all on Sarah being closer to his side with strong trust. 

Somehow, he feels like Sarah's trust in him will wain with fishboy getting all her attention. That merman isn't going to corrupt my Sarah.

"What is in it for me?" Jack asks testing the waters of the bargain.

"Do this and you will be taking care of fishboy while I will make Sarah mine," John says looking out his window, his eyes on the waves of the Mediterranean sea.

"Hmm, I think that will do. I will be ready." Jack responds on the line.

"Good." John ends the call and a smirk crosses his face.

Soon my little siren you will be mine for pleasurable riches.

Sarah walks into the Kelptide Wonders and the scary feeling she had as a child returns.  Shoulders tense she walks further into the store.

"What Argh you doing here missy?" A scratchy voice calls at the counter and through a magnifying glass sees an onyx eye looking at her.

"I am here for the kelp that can heal any sea animal." her breath shudders slightly as her eyes land on the DRAGON! behind the counter.

The dragon has grey-white scales with long dull horns, big curled wings behind him, and at the corner of the backdoor to where all the other trinkets are is a long grey-blue tail with a fin on top that starts from the top of his head all the way down.

"Uh, what happened to the man who worked here before?" She asks the creature.

"What do you mean? I am the only person you see in here as it is my shop!" the dragon slithers his tongue out in a slight hiss.

"What do you mean person? You're a dragon!" the creature's eyes widen in surprise.

"You can see me?" he asks her leaning his head across the counter and closer to her face in which Sarah leans her head back.

"Yeah!" Sarah says trying not to jet out of here and away from the creature.

"Hmm, that is strange, nobody has been able to see my true form. The only creatures able to see are the merfolk in the sea and animals." he returns his head back behind the counter.

"Right well I am neither of those things so...yeah!"  not really knowing what to say about the situation.

"Hmm, kelp you asked for?" the creature scratches the fins under his long jaw.

"Yeah, a dolphin at the Aquarius aquarium has returned back to her trauma and before beginning therapy that will last months, I thought your kelp can help. My mother did say it does wonders," The young girl explains to the scaly thing in front of her. 

The dragon isn't as tall as I thought a dragon would be but I have lost all sense of figuring out the mythical world. The only thing I want to figure out is my family secrets.

"What is your name child?" the male in front of her asks.

"Sarah, Sarah Wavers." The creature's head perked up at hearing my name.