Chapter 14

Losing family and friends are some of the hardest things in life. They are the most important aspects of your life and letting them go is tough. Some friends pull through to stay and some get taken away without any warning and leave you empty.

I hop in the water, the cool liquid enveloping my whole fake tail. I turn around with my hands on the platform. I see Jordan and Austin have joined us and are looking at me with determination and hope.

"I'm ready. Hand me the bottle!" I ask Max and he grabs the small vial in his big hand. 

He reaches forward and places the small glass cure in my open palm. I take a meditative breath to calm my nerves and fire slowly ignites in my eyes.

Stella will get better and I am making sure Jack pays for what he has done. Making me endure all this hell when I never asked for it. 

There is a good reason one of my other titles is called the queen of the waves and he will see how monstrous I can make my own wave toward him.

"Alright, here I go." I exhale all my Co2 from my body and lower myself in the water.

Like early in the morning I can clearly hear the people in the underwater cave. I can hear all the clicks and shrieks the dolphins make. I turn around my arms flapping the water but doesn't cause any bubbles to form.

The three dolphins face me floating and observing what I am going to do. I smile at the three and stretch my free hand out for the dolphins to muzzle on. 

Crystal is the first who makes a few small clicks and whines, feeling sad for the older dolphin laying below us.

Blue is the next who nuzzles her snout on my hand and she lowers her whole body leaning on mine for support and a hug which I accept wrapping my arms around her. 

I have always had a connection with these girls it scares me but encourages me that Stella will live.

Duchess swims around us and presses her body on the curve of my back. She clicks fast in a pure and a small shriek in worry for her mother figure. 

Duchess has a stronger bond with her mother figure and has more cause to worry than the other two.

I pet each of them and soon wave my hand upwards, pushing my body lower. I bend my upper body down and flip my tail up, aligning my body to point downwards. The small green vial still in my tight grasp.

I swim slowly toward Stella, the three young dolphins greet her first. I stop swimming and float a few meters above Stella and with a slight shriek from her I lower myself all the way. 

The back of my mind tells me to wave to the crowd but I hold firm on my instincts.

This isn't a show and all my focus is on Stella. I lay my stomach on the sand ground, some sand particles float up then settle back down. 

I look at Stella and her right eyes gaze at me. I can see the fear in her eyes, her slight clicking telling me she needs something to calm her.

I smile and stretch my hand forward. This process is slow and careful, if I jerk my hand away or move too fast Stella will be even more afraid. I am doing the same thing I did when meeting the distraught dolphin.

When I am a centimeter away from touching Stella I stop and look at Stella's eyes. She continued to hold her gaze on me and her fins push down while her body lifts slightly and my hand is firm on her skin.

I continue to hold my gentle smile and lightly pet her. Rubbing my hand, mainly my fingers side to side along her body. flap my tail down slightly to move closer and Stella doesn't move. 

If only I can talk to her then this would be easier but I keep my mouth closed and keep holding my breath. I take my other hand out with the vial in my hands and show her it. 

Her right eye glances down at the vial and back at me. I smile blinking once showing it is alright through facial expression.

Surprisingly and wonderfully, Stella stops shaking under me and moves her snout closer to my hand. I can celebrate later, right now I have to get this vial in her mouth. 

I put my thumb under the cork side and push up, the lid popping off and float down on the sand.

Stella lifts her muzzle open slightly a bit of fear is in her eyes. I smile and drag my hand that is on her side to her snout. I open my palm and lay my hand flat under her chin. 

I nod and Stella widens the gap in her mouth allowing me to shove my hand in there with the vial.

I lift her head up in order for the substance in my hand to go down her throat. It leaks in and from where I am looking I see Stella gulping it down with the back of her throat. My lungs are squeezing warning me that six minutes are passing.

I lift some more of Stella's chin in order to fully dump the kelp in her throat and soon the vial is empty. 

I pull my hand out with an empty bottle and Stella closes her mouth. I smile with a hopeful and kind glint in my eye.

I see her swallow some more of the kelp I guess that hasn't fully gone down. she opens once more with a nice smile and shrieks in happiness. 

My small smile stretches along my face in glee although it falls down as my chest is thumping and I struggle to focus.

My time is up. I have to surface!

Stella and the three dolphins insert themselves around me and with a strong push of their tailfins lift me above. I use my own tail as well to thrust myself higher to the surface.

Almost there and I see Max holding his hand in the water. I lift my right hand as the dark corner of my eyes closes in.

Few centimeters left the dolphins sequel and I am thrust higher and faster. I blink trying to get the blurriness out of my vision but it only returns back. 

I faintly feel bigger fingertips brush mine and my legs stop swimming.

A firm hand grasps my wrist and pulls me up. 

GASP! I inhale all the air that starts to flow back into my lungs.

"Yay!" my friends cheer as I keep breathing in all the oxygen needed for the blurriness to leave and darkness to disperse.

"Geez, you are a crazy lifesaver, girl." Jordan helps Max pull me on the platform and I lay on my back with a smile on my face. 

My dolphin tailfin is still in the water and I feel snouts poking at it.

"I am fine girls." I lift my upper body and look at the four dolphins in front of me.

"I am proud of you Stella. Good girl." Max hands me a small fish and I hand it to Stella who swallows it down with a nice click and shriek.

"As we are proud of you Sarah," John announces with a smile that reaches his eyes. 

It catches me off guard as it is the same smile of the pride my father gave me when I was able to successfully balance the waves on my small surfboard.

"Thank you." new tears gather in my eyes and everyone hugs me while the dolphins hug my tailfin.

*Yay! Stella is healthy and happy again!

Don't you love that?

Oh, but there is still more that is going to happen before it is the end.

*Readout to know more. Please comments down below and follow me.