Bonding

Your eyes ease open to your bedroom ceiling and you let out a breath. "So it was a dream?" You mutter.         

"Nope." A voice hums and you look over to find Kid going through his plushie clothes. He seemed displeased by everything in the chest.          

"How.... What are you?" You murmur.          

"I was a great General once upon a time. But I was cursed to be a personal soldier to... So many people, but once the language died..." He trails off and turns away from the chest to look down at you. "Good enough for you?"            

"I... Guess... What do I do now?" You sit up.            

"It's up to you, put me back in 'sleep' mode or let me stay like this. I don't care." He folds his arms. You look away from his stabbing gaze. He sure felt intense...           

"Um.... Then for now... Go to sleep my Champion." You murmur, and just like that, the plushie takes Kid's place. You blink and peer down at the plushie, carefully reaching down and picking him up. "Sorry, I just need to wrap my head around this..." You breathe looking at the plushie with a frown.            

Could he hear you? Was he conscious like this? Your frown deepens, if so then he must've heard or seen everyone reject him. You feel a heavy wave of sympathy and hug the plushie, nuzzling the top of his head. "It'll be okay, I won't reject you." You whisper.            
A few days pass as you gradually accept Kid's magical secret. Now you were working on a more modern, and hopefully suiting outfit for the plushie. "Here we go, I hope he likes it." You mutter, nursing a pen prick. Bandaids hide the little wounds from your clumsy needle handling. The outfit came out good, but if you were going to keep making the plushie outfits, you'd need a sewing machine or something that would protect your fingers.         

You go over and dress up the plushie before setting it on the bed and stepping back, rubbing your hands together nervously. "Wake up, my champion." You say, closing your eyes.          

"What?" His voice makes your eyes snap open. You blink at Kid, as he stares at you with what you thought was annoyance.           

"S-Sorry, I-I just wanted to let you out...." You stammer nervously. He tilts his head before shrugging and laying back.          

"Hm?" He pauses, looking at the clothes. "These are new... Not really fighting clothes though." He says.          
"So you don't like them....?" You guess rubbing your neck. He looks at you for a moment.          

".... I like them, they're fine as long as I don't have to fight." He rolls to his side.          

"Who is there to fight?" You point out, tilting your head.           

"Well. We were made to fight each other... There used to be bets and tournaments..." He recalls. "But that was ages ago..."           

"You mean... There's more like you?" You ask in surprise. He nods a frown set on his lips.           

"Yeah, the Grandmaster cursed many of us... But maybe they've all been forgotten too..." He mutters looking down. You blink and touch his shoulder, making him look up at you.           

"Should we go find them?" You ask.           

"Find? How?" He questions, raising an eyebrow.           

"No idea, but, maybe some antique stores will have them. Could you recognize them if we found one?" You tilt your head. He searches your gaze.            

".... Why?" He murmurs.            

"Because. It'll bother me if I don't try... What if they're lonely or sad? I want to help." You smile. He huffs and gets up.             

"Then lets go." He says before going out. You blink and hurry after him. He lets you lead the way to the nearest antique store. You both comb through it, but find nothing.            
"Cant win them all, we'll find them." You assure Kid.            

"I'm not worried.  I don't really care for them." He shrugs. You raise an eyebrow at him. You couldn't even begin to understand him.            

"Alright... Do you eat?" You ask.           
"Yes... It's been a long time though." He pauses trying to remember.       

"Then... A buffet." You decide, "Just us."            

"Alright." He nods, letting you take the lead again. You peer at him a few times and smile a bit.            

"So... You've been around a while, what have you seen?" You ask him.            
"An attic... Three attics..." He tilts his head. "I can't remember much before them." He shrugs. Another wave of sympathy washes over you and you look down.          

"Oh...." You murmur, apparently it's been a very long time since someone even thought something of him.           

"Don't make that face." He growls.          
"What?" You ask in surprise.          

"Like you feel bad about it." He frowns at you. "I don't, and neither should you."           

"But... Weren't you lonely?" You ask carefully.            

"The hell do I look like? A pansy? I liked being left alone, no one could order me around or use me for their own amusement." He looks ahead still frowning.             

"Sorry...." You felt bad for asking him anything.            

"You're making that face again... If you're going to feel bad for talking to me then I see another attic in my near future." He pats your head.             
"I'm not going to put you in the attic! I want you to be free!" You object. He smirks lightly, leaning his head down to your level.            

"Then shouldn't you be a bit more happy for me right now?" He hums, raising an eyebrow. You blink and blush lightly before looking away.            
"I am..." You murmur.            

"That was a weird response." He mutters.            

"Alright, into the buffet." You smile before leading him in and to the buffet. You start to pile up food while he stands nearby looking at all the food. "Hey, grab a plate," You giggle. He blinks and nods before getting some food as well.           
You giggle as you watch his face, he seemed to be enjoying himself at least. "Its been so long.." He breathes licking his lips. "I actually missed food."          

"I bet, I cant imagine going without food that long..." You tilt your head, how did champions function?          

"You would've died, it's a horrible death too..." He zones out briefly. "But compared to another, it's not too bad..."          

"Oh, lovely..." You swallow.           "Right, you've lived peacefully so I guess that would alarm you." He comments.          

"Not really alarmed, I watch scary movies sometimes." You defend.          
"What... What is Scary Movies? Are they bandits?" He inquires confused.          

"... I'll show you later." You decide.         
After you paid for the meal, you lead him back toward the house. You get half way there when you notice him stop. You pause and look back at him, finding him looking up at the moon. You blink and go to his side, looking up at the moon with him.         

"It looks so much bigger when its not outside a window." He breathes.         

"You know, we actually put people on the moon, it's even bigger than you think." You hum. He looks at you in surprise.          

"Really? I didn't think it was possible." He says looking up again.        

"I didn't think plushies becoming people was possible either." You point out, looking up at him. He meets your gaze.        

"Neither did I until I got turned into one.. I guess I should be a bit more open minded." He muses.          
"Probably... Ready to go back?"         
"Yeah."