City

"... Now you're bringing that ugly thing to school?" Nami tilts her head.          

"He's not ugly. He's cute." You hug Kid to your chest, nuzzling his hair. "The cutest ever." You grumble.           

"Cutest ever huh..." Nami sweatdrops.          

"Y/n, hey!" You look over as Ace approaches with a smile.          

"Hey Ace, how are you?" You smile.          

"I'm alright, how are..." He trails off, looking at Kid and blinking. 

"Where did you get him?" He points at Kid.          

"My caretaking job, she said I could pick whatever I wanted from the attic." You hum thoughtfully.           

"What!? You picked that when you could've found something expensive or rare?" Nami gaps.           

"... Well yeah, he caught my eye and I just... Couldn't leave without him... And he is rare. In his own little way." You hum cuddling Kid's cheek affectionately.            

"... You've been acting weird since you got him." Nami frowns. "Maybe its cursed, right Ace?" You both look to the freckled guy. He was frowning lightly all of a sudden.           

"Cursed sounds right... I uh... Have to go... See you in class." He smiles again and waves before leaving.           

"Ace?" You frown after him in concern, that was not normal behavior.           

"Weird... Maybe he doesn't like that doll." Nami comments,  "Come on, lets get to class."            

School was numbing as always, all you could think about was going to the city with Kid afterwards. Would he like it? You shift, poking Kid's plush cheek before letting your eyes wander around the class until they land on your neighbor. Ace was fast asleep, snoring quietly. He seemed to be fine now compared to this morning.             

His eyes ease open, meeting your gaze sleepily. You blink and tilt your head, offering a smile. He blinks and smiles a bit. "Hi..." He whispers.          

"Hey sleepy head, sleep well?" You respond quietly.         

"Not really." He yawns and stretches. "What are you doing after school?"          

"Going to the city with my friend." You smile. He blinks, raising an eyebrow at you.            

"Who's the friend?" He inquires.           

"His name is Kid, he's new to town." You tell him.           

"Ah... Maybe I'll see you later then, I'm heading there later too." He murmurs resting his head on his arms as he watches you.            

"Why not join us then?" You inquire.           

"Mm... Because you don't have detention." He responds pointedly.           

"Oh right... Have fun with that.." You smile, reaching over and patting his shoulder.           

"They're huge..." Kid breathes looking up at the buildings.           

"Right? Don't look up at them too long, you'll get dizzy." You tell him  just before he staggers. You grab his arm, pulling him into you to keep him steady.           

"... I'm alright." He shakes his head and looks around.  "What do you humans do here?"           

"Live, shop, eat.... And maybe go to the movies." You shrug.