19. September 12th

A/N: I am aware H and Fruit practiced together for a few hours before MCC 9 (:D cherrybomb content :D) but I am not putting it in this fic lmao. Transcribing is really time consuming haha.

Also, I have no idea how bridging/ building works in Sky Battle/ TGTTOS for this fic. It just magically does. Just pretend it makes sense haha.

-

September 12th. The 9th Championship. Their time had finally come.

The Blue Bats stood in a row on the stairs leading to the Decision Dome, their backs facing the crowd. The bright blue "BATS" on their jackets signalled to everyone that they. Meant. Business.

(Granted, it had been a bit difficult to assemble them all. Fruit had something to do earlier, so they were "BTS" for a while, and H jokingly declared they were a Kpop boys band. But anyways, they were all together now.)

The hermits had outdone their cheering for the 9th Championship. They had built a gigantic glowing sign that flashed between "BLUE BATS'' and "PINK PARROTS", and each member of 3-H was decked out in blue and pink gear. Iskall even wore a cheerleader miniskirt, which was met with roaring approval from the hermits. To complete his look, he wore a wig with two pigtails fastened with blue and pink ribbons.

"Hermitcraft Represent!" Cub called from the sides. "We're all with you!"

"Go False! Go Ren!" Mumbo cheered from above, his face splattered with blue face paint. "And Grian, I guess," he added as an afterthought.

Grian couldn't hear Mumbo because he was preoccupied with talking to the cameras about raising money. The rest of the Parrots, who were Martyn, Jimmy, and Joel, chatted next to Grian. Loud British gasping and chuckling could be heard from their little corner.

"Awww, Grian looks cute in his little pink outfit," Ren mentioned. "He's adorable."

"It's kinda sad seeing him being the only hermit on the other team," False admitted. "That's why I always play with the hermits."

"Well, I feel he's more saddened by not playing with Fruity."

"Ooooh, look, it's our favourite team!!"

The Bats turned to see Cherry Twitt and Herman Blur hurry towards them with wide grins. Both were appropriately dressed for the occasion— Cherry had a blue shirt with a cherry and a bomb on it, while Herman had fake blue bat wings on their back. "Sup Cherry! Sup Herman!" H greeted them.

"Blue Bats Supremacy!!" Cherry Twitt whooped. "I don't care what everyone else think, you guys are the best team."

"You're totally winning," Herman assured them. "And it's so exciting to see our hermits with 3-A PvPers! Can't wait to see how this plays out!"

False patted Herman's back. "Thanks for the support! We need the hype and positivity to go on! Also, really appreciate the fanart you made of us."

Herman waved an arm. "No problem! You guys are just really wholesome."

With the clock ticking, the Bats started to sober up. Fortunately, they had all managed to catch some sleep last night ("I had to use a scented candle to sleep." "Thanks for the input, Ren."). H and Fruit even spent an hour or so practicing together before the Championship. They were in prime condition and to use Ren's words, ready to kick some butt!

"Which team is Reddit predicting as first?" Ren asked curiously.

"Uhhh, I think Lime's a popular choice," H replied. "Lime has Dream, and Fundy's really good. Tubbo's new, but they think he'll perform well. Sylvee has worked with them before, so chemistry isn't a problem."