Chapter 2 (One step closer)

"Ok, Ouma-kun, this is Doctor Sasaki and she has a minor healing quirk." Dr. Hayashi explained. "Hello, Ouma-kun. Would you mind lying down for me?" She asked. Kokichi nodded his head and laid down. In order to allow Dr. Sasaki to stand by the bedside, Dr. Hayashi stepped back. "Tilt your head up for me please."

Slowly, Kokichi tilted his head up. "I'm going to put my hand on your throat, and I'm going to need you to remain still." The doctor paused for a moment. "If you understand what I said, squeeze my hand." She reached out to grab Kokichi's hand, and he squeezed it. "Good." Her other hand hovered over the younger male's throat.

'Cold' Kokichi shuddered. As Dr. Sasaki retraced her hand, she smiled. "Ok, that's enough for one day." She stepped back. "We don't want to strain your throat too much." She grinned. A relieved Kokichi smiled in response, looking forward to speaking soon.

~

It's been a couple of weeks since Kokichi was allowed to start walking around the facility, not a hospital. As it turns out the whole Danganronpa cast -more like unwilling subjects ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶t̶r̶u̶l̶y̶ ̶u̶n̶w̶i̶l̶l̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶o̶u̶g̶h̶?̶ - were kept here to be reprogrammed because they were too screwed in the head to be left unattended.

In order to keep the general public from realizing that such a taboo game existed, the authorities—being the government—had kept the entire situation hidden. So, to the average person, the whole thing seemed like a morbid TV show that had somehow been granted permission to air.

And if that wasn't enough to just make Kokichi's blood boil. To those people, the entire thing was a fake, and in some cruel twisted way, they would be correct. Because most of it was in fact fake! From the whole crazy-ass story, they were given to most of their fucking personality!

Do you know how frustrating it is to discover that most of your personality is that of a character created solely for the purpose of entertainment!? It was mind-numbing. Kokichi was having trouble differentiating between what was genuine and what wasn't. And to make matters worse, there was nothing he could do but wait as his memories flooded back and pray that he would soon stop feeling so goddam empty!

~

Kokichi had been wandering aimlessly for what seemed like hours, with no particular destination in mind, when he finally came to a stop at the facility's garden.

He honestly hadn't expected to see anybody else, let alone another student.

Because they had their backs to him, he couldn't tell what gender they were. He couldn't help but notice their pale complexion. They were so much paler in comparison to him.

They must have heard him enter because t̶h̶e̶y̶ he turned to face Kokichi.

"Oh."

"Eh h-hello"

"Hello. Do you need help with anything?"

His voice was fairly soft. It complimented his appearance

"U-mm no" Kokichi stammered out. "I was just pas-sing by."

The boy's hair looked as soft as clouds and made Kokich wonder what type of products he must use to make it look that way.

"Are you from V3?"

The boy asked out of nowhere. "V3?" Kokich tilted his head in confusion. "No, I'm f-from the 53rd." It was now the other male's turn to look confused. It didn't take long before a look of realization replaced his confused face. "I don't mean what season I meant what series."

"Series?" Kokichi looked dumbfounded. "Yeah, each Danganronpa game is set in four different series." The boy stated. "I'm from series two season four, although if we're going by the timeline I would also be a part of series one and three." He rambled off. "Wait, you said t-there were four series?" Kokichi said hastily. "Hmm, yeah."

"There is one, two, and three which are set in the canon hope's peak universe, and then there is V3 which is set in another universe." Kokich felt numb. Not only was he essentially fake he wasn't even from the canon universe. The purple-haired male groaned and covered his face with his hand. "Sorry, this must be a lot." The sickly boy apologized. Kokichi shook his head. "N-no, it's not your fault." The boy hummed a response. It got quiet neither of them talking. They both just stood there in silence.

~

Rewritten