Chapter One ♡︎

December 1985 

Your father had devoted his life to recreating the serum that had been used on Steve Rogers. He had been fascinated by it. So much so, that he didn’t care about anything else. He didn’t bat an eye when your mother walked out. He didn’t care when your grades dropped. He said nothing when you stole from your rich neighbours. He didn’t come bail you out when you were arrested for it. He just. Didn’t care. But what he would tell you is that he trusted you could live up to him, that you could do better. 

You never believed him. 

“Dad,” you whispered, as the man held the gun to your head, “Dad,” you whispered again, letting a single tear slip down your face. You noticed your brother slip into the room. He took in your father standing tall, and you, a fourteen year old child with a gun held to your head, while your face portrayed distress and hurt. Not even your own father would save you. 

“Just give them what they want,” your brother interrupted. The gun was pushed further against your head, causing you to cry out. “Dad I swear to God, they’re going to kill her,” you silenced him with your eyes. Your father worked and worked to recreate the serum that had been used on Steve Rogers. That was his life, his life’s work. And he’d finally done it. Leading you to this situation, a gun at your head. Because some guys found out and now they want it. 

Your brother moved to attack the guy, but he was too slow. As the man pulled the trigger he didn’t shoot you, he shot your dad. “Dad,” you screamed, falling to your knees, “No, no, no,” you told yourself repetitively. The last thing your father ever did was secretly hand your brother his serum. 

And then he was dead. 

Then the man continued to go through your house, searching for the serum. And when he didn’t find it, he left. Leaving your father’s cold dead body on the floor. “What the fuck just happened?” you whispered, still on the floor and shaking. 

Your brother offered you no response, instead walking out the door. 

And you never saw him again. 

authors note ♡︎: so here is chapter one! A very dramatic introduction i know. But here it is, I can't wait for you guys to see where this book goes :)