Chapter Nine ♡

Two years is a long time to be locked in a cell.

On the one side, Hydra had no problems for two years. So they didn't need to send the world's two most deadly assassins after anyone. This meant you had spent the best part of two years in a tiny locked room with Buck. The super hot assassin that lived in the same cell was also not making the two years any easier.

He was a brilliant kisser. Making it even harder for you to try and resist him. The way he looked at you made your stomach fill with butterflies. His eyes were so blue it felt like you were drowning. When he looked at you, it felt like you couldn't breathe.

And at the end of the day

all you had was him.

You fell asleep in his arms every night, the soft fanning of his breath against your neck and the light touch of his hands on your waist made you feel peaceful. It was a contrast to your dreams, where you weren't safe, and neither were the people in the dreams that you pulled a gun on.

Buck knew how to dance, really well. Sometimes, after staring at the same walls of a cell all day, Buck would take your hand and teach you to dance. Even after a year of so called dance lessons you still couldn't get the steps right, and often found yourself stepping on Buck's feet, or tripping and him having to catch you. With your faces right next to each other, his blue eyes staring into yours. You often found yourself longing for him to kiss you. But he always pulled away.

Today was no exception to that of the past two years. You woke up in the same cell you'd lived in for the past two and a half years, and sorted your hair before changing into your old suit. Buck was training with the punch bag, and passed you the gloves as you took over. The cell door opened, and you and Buck were led to a large training room.

A tattered safety mat was in the middle of the floor. Along with some knives, guns and wrap for your hands. Both you and Buck wrapped your hands, before heading towards the mat. The guard locked the door, and you and Buck got ready to train. There was one small window, and when you looked out of it. There was a bright morning sun, and you turned back to face Buck.

"Ready to fight?" he said, sighing. You both took your stances, this time both choosing knives as your weapons. Never had the knives been used to hurt one another, but as the weapon of a potential victim. You nodded, as Buck took the first swing at you.

You blocked his fist, and kicked his left knee. As he stumbled back, waving his fists trying to hit you, you kicked his stomach. He fell back, crashing into the mat. "Sorry," you said, with a small laugh. You sat down beside him, helping him sit back up,

"You've improved," Buck remarked, standing up and lending you a hand. "You managed to take the deadly Winter Soldier down," your smile faded as your face dropped.

"You're not deadly," you whispered, taking his hand. You'd both heard what they said, that you two were deadly, murderers, cold blooded killers that showed no remorse. Sometimes it kept you up at night, along with the nightmares. But you'd never spoken to Buck about it. This was the first time it had ever been mentioned. Buck looked so sad as he took up his first fighting stance. "We don't have to,"

"But we should," said Bucky, taking another shot at you. You sighed, exasperated at his sudden stubbornness.

After hours of training, you were led back to your cell. The last light you had seen was the midday sun, bright and warm. Your cell was extremely cold though, and the old blanket didn't provide much warmth.

Once in the cell, a few slices of bread and two metal cups of water were in the middle of the concrete floor. You and Buck quickly ate the food, before you changed back into the oversized old shirt you'd worn for the past two years. Usually Buck would ask you to dance, but not today. He looked mad.

You sat in awkward silence, you secretly hoped another mission would come through. Something to break the tension between you and Buck.

And as if on schedule, the door to your cell opened. Both you and Buck turned to look at the cell door. You were expecting a case file and your suits, but instead two guards entered. They gripped your and Buck's arms. Leading you down a corridor.

The door they opened was into a lavish room. A huge screen on the far wall, and a table and leather chairs around it. A pot of coffee and eight pristine white mugs sat in the middle of the oak table. You were both pushed into chairs, and the screen was turned on. A video began to play.

A video of a blonde man began to play. He had floppy blonde hair, and he wore a blue suit with red and white stars on it. He wore a blue helmet with a white star on the front. The colours were faint, but you knew it was blue. The video said his name was 'Captain America' and he had a sidekicked. Who oddly looked like Buck. Except the fact he looked younger with shorter hair, and did not have a metal arm. The video finished with a picture of this man in a hospital bed.

The screen was switched off and an older man in a suit stepped in. He looked neat and tidy, compared to what you and Buck looked like. He made a profit off you two, which made you feel sick. "Your mission is to retrieve the body of Captain America," he spoke in a strong American accent, "Alive,"

Alive.

That one was new

Authors Note: I'm back after an extremely long wait. I am sorry, I've been busy with school, you know how it is. Hope you enjoyed this chapter. It's slow moving for now but more action is coming 💓 x