Epilogue pt. I

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

Melina looked down at her watch as she stood on the subway.  She had fifteen more minutes to get to her place before Louis would Skype her.  She looked up just in time to not be whacked by a dozen pink roses as a random person passed her.

Rubbing her face slightly she just shook her head.  As the doors opened for her stop, she walked off as fast as she could because she already knew she was most likely going to be late and she could already imagine how petulant and offended Louis would be. 

~~~

"You're late."

Melina bit her lip as she tried to smile.  

Louis though still had his dour expression on.

Rolling her eyes slightly, Melina just shook her head at him.  "Happy Valentine's day Louis."

Smiling at last, Louis sat up a little as he said the same.  "Happy Valentine's day to you too Melina.  I love you."  He grinned extra wide.

"Thanks," She said as she opened her mail to check her emails. 

"Melina!' Louis yelled.

Glancing at the corner of her screen, Melina gave him a look.  "Give me a second I'm looking at my work schedule for the two weeks."

Resting his cheek on his knuckles, Louis was highly unamused.  "You do know its Valentine's day right?"

"Of course I know.  There were so many couples at work today and then there were pink and red balloons all over campus too." Melina said as she tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.    "I love you too Louis," She said as she smiled, looking up at him. 

"You," Louis said as he raised his brows in annoyance.  "So how was your day?" He sighed at last.

"Good..."

~~~

Melina rested her elbow on her counter, her three fingers covering her lips as she tried not to laugh when Louis described the latest antics they did on some British talk show.   Her dinner abandoned before her as she and Louis were about to run into an hour on their Skype date.  With the lights off and candles lit, it was as close to a candlelight dinner as they were getting on the day of love.

"They love us," Louis grinned just as there was a pounding on Melina's door.  "What was that?" Louis asked. 

Melina whirled around as she went to look at her door.  "My door, I wonder who it is at this time?" She asked as most of her family and friends would send her a text message at least, before they came over. 

"Melina I know you're home!" Some slurred voice yelled. 

Melina's expression fell to be replaced with one of aggravation. She recognized the voice even with its druken slur.  What the hell was Rob doing here?

"Melina?" Louis asked but Melina still wasn't turning around. 

"I'm not leavin til we talk."

"What is that idiot doing here!" Melina groaned before telling Louis she would be right back.  

"What the hell! Melina! Melina what's going on?" Louis yelled  when he saw Melina come back into view with a baseball bat in hand. 

Melina knew she was probably being slightly paranoid but she did not want to deal with Rob especially if he was as drunk as he sounded, plus she just liked having her bat, it was a bit of a comfort.  What was he seriously doing at her door? He had to know it was long over especially now as she and Louis were as official as it got meaning that she still got stupid reporters on dull days stalking her.  Her bat by her side, she flicked the lights back on as she opened her door cautiously.