Chapter 9: Mann Vs. Invasion (Goblin Content)

Your POV

I have myself outside while practicing with my wooden sword, sparing with Ena at the training field of the adventure's guild. It's good that I now have my battle journal that I can memorize the battle terms easy than just reading through the entire novel of my diary. It's too bad that I can't remember what technique Venea used to subdue all of the thugs who harassed us while buying ingredients for the family. I can feel myself stronger after each round of my sword techniques while improving my talents and skills.

Ena is currently teaching me the grip of my sword moveset and knowing how to use it as a weapon and a tool to fight and protect the loved ones I cherished. Having the role of myself being offensive and defensive was her recommended strategy as I go through each category one at a time since I am still struggling with my amnesia.

Skit

Ena: Yes, that's how you hold it and know how to swing a sword and then hold with a guarding stance to protect incoming melee weapon attacks through each of their combo string.

Y/n: Yes, though it's quite hard for me to predict such things.

Ena: That's why I want you to practice each moveset of your sword and your skills that you just sharpen your stamina compression. You were this defenseless since we first met you know.

Y/n: ...

Ena: I'm glad that you wanted to fight just so you can protect me and my family but just thinking of the academy might be too much for me. I'm...sorry that I might not be able to do something that might be off-limits that I can't do things for you.

Y/n: Alright.

End of Skit

I spent several hours sharpening my skills and strength until it was lunchtime where Leaf brought sandwiches since I've been sweaty a lot. I'm wearing the training gear while I sit down on the bench next to Ena. "I hope you girls are doing ok, just not hurting yourselves too much." Leaf spoke out with a concern.

"We're just practicing. Especially where Y/n tried swinging her sword with a correct form like all the other people with their swords can do." Ena replies to her.

"Really? How is she?" Leaf questions Ena's response.

"Y/n's trying to learn through her basics until she tries to advance with her swordsmanship string. After that, a mix with her sword with her skills together." Ena summarizes my plan through my training, which I was about to be done. All I wanted is to improve my offensive moveset since I was being too defensive to fight off against enemies.

"I guess having herself spoiled with fighting must be her liking." Leaf slightly giggles while eating her sandwich. "Anything to do next before you both are heading back home?"

"I was thinking that having a restaurant as we celebrate that the goblins have been defeated since this will be our last day before we head back to our village." Ena requested a celebration party since it would be dramatic that we both would have to say goodbye to the kingdom of Maruytham.

"I would have been this sad since I might end up saying goodbye to you and the people of Maruytham since the prince helped us be safe from the goblin raid attack. I thought that I was new with being here instead of the village." I comment.

"Well, it's sad that this is difficult of being a citizen of Maruytham because you're not born from here." Leaf replies.

"But how did you end up in here? You're an elf." I questioned.

"I was born from my mother and father since they are both elves. The elf civilization was accepted since Saphurizn wanted everyone to cooperate to fight off against the dark army. I sometimes thought that I wanted to have my values through the academy so I can live a better life than just living in the village and being poor this much. I mean, the nobles are *intolerable* since they only cared about themselves. That's their way of thinking." Leaf explains her reasons. I don't understand having humans and elves coexist in Maruytham. All I want to have is to explore the parallel tower to find answers including my lost memories. That's all it matters now.