Kidnapping Arc Part 4

Vaughn's POV
Shit Seraphina was kidnapped that wasn't part of the deal. I can only go so fast without risking getting pulled over. Huh. *Text from John* 'once we get Sera I'll text you and then go to this address, **** Sylvania Rd.'

I'm assuming that's his house. But if Cassidy is with the kidnappers, there is no guarantee that Seraphina will still have her ability when they save her.

All I can do is pray.

John's POV
I start running back up the stairs, damnit how many are there! I can see them through the walls about to exit the doors, guns up.

Though it doesn't seem like they know where the others are. I can also see Arlo sneaking around the side. Alright now it's just a race against time.

Remi's POV
I deactivate my ability when they get close. Unfortunately my lightning is loud as fuck so I can't keep it active or they'll know our positions.

I hear the door creak, my stomach is cramping and my heart is beating a mile a minute... I take a deep breath and...

*BOOM* both doors fly off their hinges and two guards with cyan barriers surrounding them. Their guns poked out of a hole in the shield. They turned the corner and immediately started firing.

But if they can put holes in their barrier then that means. "The barrier is much weaker than Arlo's!" I shot straight at the shield and bust straight through it.

I knew it. I grab the guard by the throat and slam him down. Blyke already had nearly blasted the others leg off.

Then the other two fly out with seemingly laser abilities, similar to Blyke's. They both start to shoot at me and Blyke. But before they can even get a shot off Isen, kicks one in the back of the neck, knocking him unconscious.

Arlo's POV
I come around the corner and trap one guy in the barrier and see 3 already on the ground. That leaves two more. I lean my head around and see two men carrying Seraphina staring in horror. "Drop her and put your hands up." I say trying to be as intimidating as I can.

"Hell no we aren't going out like this." One of them yells. While the other doesn't seem to be on the same page. "I'LL LEVEL THIS WHOLE CITY BLOCK!" Shit! He opens his jacket and reveals pounds of C4 around his chest. Damn! My barrier can't stand against that. "Everybody run!" We all run as fast as we can away. We aren't gonna make it. He clicks the button. Oh fu-

John's POV.
I make it upstairs just in time to hear. "I'LL LEVEL THIS WHOLE CITY BLOCK!" Oh shit. I run as fast as I can. Sera's on the ground passed out. And the guy who yelled is sitting with his jacket open. "SERA!!!!"

I run as fast as I can. The world seems to slow down. I'm even using Remi's ability to go faster. I have to make it. When I hear the click I form two barriers around him to contain the blast.

And I feel the blast it instantly shreds the first one. The second one is barely containing it.

It's hard to focus I fall to my knees and cough up blood. It feels like I have a thousand knives in my gut. But I keep holding on.

"GET SERA OUT OF THE WAY!" Arlo runs up and carries her away. Once they are far enough I release the barrier with blast and put one over myself instead. The fire flies out of the building engulfing it in flames. I run out the back with a shield behind me.

Arlo's POV
Shit I gotta get Seraphina, I run back to the explosion and grab her and begin to run, as soon as I'm far enough away I look back and see the explosion get released. "JOHN NO!"

"Elaine go around the back and find John, Remi you go with her, I'll stay with Seraphina!

Seraphina's POV
What's... Happening... I hear a loud ringing. My vision is fuzzy so I can't really make out what's going on. I do see what looks like fire, being held by... Barrier? But it's black. Arlo's barrier is yellow.

Suddenly I get picked up though I can't tell who it is. Honestly I can barely even lift a finger right now.

As I'm being toted away from the building I look down the hallway and see a person... Clutching their stomach with the other arm extended focused on the black barrier. I can almost make out who it is. They look familiar.

"Seraphina!" I hear. I try to decipher who's calling my name but before I can I fall unconscious.

Elaine's POV
Me and Remi rush around the corner to see a bloodied up John leaned up against a wall. He seems to be trying to heal himself but his aura is extremely weak. "Sera... He says weakly." Even in this situation he's thinking about nothing else except saving her.

Shit! I have to help him. I start to heal his stomach area as fast as I can. "There might be reinforcements we need to get him out of here. I'll get one shoulder you get the other!" We do our best to lift him up but he's much taller than us and really heavy. But we make do.

We slowly start pulling him away from the building while I heal his major injuries.

When we get across, the street we see Arlo and the others sitting next to a passed out Seraphina. They look our way in horror of John's state. Arlo Especially let's a year fall down his cheek.

Arlo's POV
Holy shit John what happened! I run to help Elaine and Remi carry him to the sidewalk. Can Elaine even heal something like this! I don't get a chance to answer that when, at least 8 police cars surround us with their guns pointed.

"Put your hands in the air!" We all put our hands in the air unsure of what to really do. Everyone looks confused and worried except... Remi, she looks like she might blow up with rage.

"Can't you see he's injured we need to heal him!" She screams. "He can get treatment at the hospital you all are under arrest until we figured out what the hell just happened!" "He's not going to make it that long!" She yells. "Quite! You don't get to decide that!"

On a side note, 3 fire trucks pull up to the burning building and drag some of the guards out.

Remi's eyes start to glow, they load bullets into the chambers of their guns. "Remi don't do anything stupid!" I say, but it's obvious she can't hear me. Guess it's time to get ready for a fight.

"Deactivate your ability or we will open fire, in 3... 2... 1...