Chapter Three: Spending Time

Ghost's POV

As I go in, I see Riptide, my male Rottweiler-Pitsky Mix, laying on Demi while she pets him. And Bliss, my female wolfdog, is sitting next to Ashley. “Riptide, Bliss, y'all being attention-hogs today, huh?” Sighing, I smile. Noticing me, they get up and run over jumping up to get attention. Chuckling, I pick Riptide up, as usual, and Bliss follows as I walk over to the couch and sit between the girls. Letting go of the male I'd carried, he immediately lays across Demi again.

“So...Riptide and Bliss?” Demi had a smirk as she resumed petting the one named after her signature/finisher.  “Yeahhh, Riptide here is a Rottweiler, Pitbull, Husky mix, and Bliss over there is a wolfdog.” I rubbed the back of my neck, smiling gently. “That's cute. Naming your pets after a couple of us.”

“So what do you guys want to do?” Looking between then, I see them both shrug. Ashley suddenly sighed, looking at her phone. “Sorry to cut it short, but I gotta get going. Would you be okay taking Demi home or having her stay for the night, an emergency came up for me.” I nod, but look worried. “Is everything okay?”

She nods. “Just my family bring problematic and I need to go to help keep things calm, plus break up any fight that may ensue.” Nodding, I look at Demi. “Well, would you rather me take you home today or you stay the night?” The short-haired girl thought for a moment, before deciding. “I'll stay the night.”

“Okay, well, see y'all later.” Ashley waved and said her goodbyes as she left. “Now, what do you want to do?” I look at Demi. “Hmm, video games?” Chuckling, I nod. “XBox One fine? You can choose the game, they're next to the tv in that cabinet. I'll get some snacks. Anything specific?’

“That's fine and fruit and cookies would be fine if you have it.” Nodding, I go get our snacks. Once I come back, I see Demi holding Ark: Survival Evolved. “That the game you want?” I smile. She nodded. Taking the game, I put it in, setting up the two controllers and handing her one.