Chapter 35: Cyberium

"What if it finds William?" Mary gasps.

"We need to find the child." Polidori agrees.

"And a way out." Byron adds.

"We are not safe here. He could pass through a wall at any moment." Claire frets.

"The Doctor told us to wait." Ryan cuts in, you can see the concern on his face.

"Technically, she only said not to follow her." Missy points out.

"No." Yaz objects. "What she said about the cyber man, I don't think that's a good idea."

"Spoilsport." Missy mutters.

"No." You protest, everyone suddenly looks at you. You have never spoken up like this, but there's that horrible feeling in the pit of your heart. The cyber man cannot get what it wants. "We have to stop it." You plead.

"You sure about this?" Missy asks, a dead serious look on her face.

"Yes." You say, not hesitating.

She knows. She knows you saw something.

"Alright poppet. Let's split up." Missy suggests.

Yaz sighs, and Ryan just looks outright nervous.

"Two groups." Missy announces, taking charge of the situation. "One to stop the cyber man, the other to find Shelley. And then we can all stop for tea and a biscuit, hm?" She looks at your very confused faces. "Oh come on! Now who wants to go where?" Her tone changes from serious to playful.

"I'll go with the first. I must make certain William is well." Mary steps forward.

"I'll go with you." Yaz stands next to her, offering a supportive smile.

"Great! You, with us." She points to Byron. "The rest of you to Shelley." Missy gestures, flicking her hand to gesture them out the door, ignoring the protests. "Go on, go."

You shrug, following the group a few feet behind when someone grabs your wrist.

"Where do you think you're going?" Missy asks.

"You said-"

"No, no. You're sticking right by me dear." She whispers, causing you to immediately go cold. You simply nod.

"Well, now or never." Yaz whispers, stepping through the wall, the rest of you following.

You all enter a room scattered with papers. On every wall and all over the floor.

"The house still shifts." Mary gasps.

"Yes, obviously." Missy rolls her eyes. You notice her hand has shifted from your wrist, to now interlocking your fingers. "Now which one of you did this?"

"Whose room is this?" Yaz rephrases.

"No one's. I thought it was empty." Byron answers, picking up a piece of paper.

"The writing, the papers." You object, suddenly feeling very straightforward.

"The writing. It's Shelley's." Mary responds, looking over Byrons shoulder to the paper he picked up.

"He cherisheth The snakes that gnaw his heart; he raises up the tyrant whose delight Is in his woe." Mary reads, and you can make out the cyber man saying the same from another room, but not far.

"How does it know them?" Byron marvels.

"Doesn't matter, now we know it's close, come on!" Missy calls, pulling you with her out the hall, where you see the Doctor, holding William.