XIV

"Here, sit Noona

"Here, sit Noona." Jungkook pulled out a chair for her at the table in the center, covered in a flowing white table cloth that seemed to glow under the tender light of the candles surrounding them. She sat slowly, smoothened out her pants and cleared her throat as Jungkook pushed her in. Then his hand came to rest on her shoulder. "I'll be right back." His hand moved, brushed against the nape of her neck. She wasn't sure if it was purposeful or not but the hair on the back of her neck stood as she shivered softly. He had soft hands, so soft, not a day of hard labor in his life. Soft hands, soft face, soft, soft, soft.

Why was her heart beating so fast? Her chest squeezed as she watched Jungkook retreat back into the kitchen. Iris glanced at the door. If she stayed any longer, she feared what she may start to feel next. But it would be cruel to just up and leave. His poor heart would shatter if he came back and she was gone, up and left, vanished into thin air.

The restaurant was almost suffocating with the smell of delicious food Jungkook has been slaving over for over an hour. The cake was still baking and the scent of rich chocolate and raspberries overtook the rest of the conflicting smells but all of it was glorious and perfect and Iris was nearly salivating as Jungkook brought out their appetizer and main dish. It was still hot, fresh, and ever so beautiful.

Jungkook plated everything so beautifully, a work of art on a piece of ceramic glass set before them. His hair, still glossy without being greasy, fell over his eyes as he sat across from her. His lips curled into a smile. Stupid soft lips, well-moisturized, pretty. Iris wanted to rip them off his face so she'd stop staring at them. How easier it would be to hate him if he weren't so pretty.

"I hope you enjoy." He picked up a canape and bit into it, Iris followed suit. It was just as good as it looked, even better, all sorts of savory tastes lingering in her mouth. Iris moaned softly. "You're too good at this, Kook." It makes her sick. She can see the youthful roundness of her face coming back already as well as her mother spitefully telling her she needs to stop eating so much or she'll just give the world another reason to think lowly of her.

Jungkook could hardly concentrate on anything other than the noises she was making. Could she not? How was he meant to focus on making things romantic when all he's thinking about is what she would possibly sound like if she had her way with him on this table right here. His wrists in her hands or caressing his face. "My baby boy. Such a good boy for me. You'll treat mommy real nice, won't you?"

His face was red in an instant at just the thought of it. "I- I... I'm sorry?" He was finding it hard to find his words and drag them from his throat. Iris chuckled softly. "Why are you apologizing?" Apologizing for the thoughts of his mind. Of her defiling him and vice versa. Sick things in his mind, things he should be ashamed of and he is but if they didn't turn him on.