Chapter 28

She flew through the air in chase, reaching the pyramid where The Fallen was. She aimed, firing one more missile, the missile shooting through the air, hitting and detonating one of Devastator's wings, sending her to the ground. Devastator was grounded and heavily damaged, she would not be much of a problem now. Light headed over to The Fallen, firing a few shots at the 'Con. He simply knocked her away with a powerful blow. 

Light, exhausted and injured from her previous battle, fell to the ground, unable to block the blow. She was faintly aware of Optimus destroying the device and killing the Fallen, but she was unsure. The urge for her to give in to the darkness was so strong, she had to fight against it. Once Megatron and Starscream had retreated, Optimus' new gear fell to the ground, but a certain form lying in the sand caught his optic. 

"Ratchet!" he called, the CMO hurrying over to Light. She grunted as she struggled to get up, energon leaking out of the gashes in her armour. Optimus hurried over, his expression full of concern. 

"Lightningstar?" he questioned, the rest of the 'bots and soldiers crowding over. She vented softly and they all started at her worriedly. 

"I'm... hungry... what's for dinner...?" she rasped, getting up. Everyone laughed, even Optimus had a smile on his faceplate as he helped Light up. 

"Good to see you all, especially you, Optimus," she murmured, limping and clutching her side. Optimus just nodded in acknowledgement as Ratchet started patching Light up. She smiled softly. They had managed to win this battle. Devastator was wrong. Caring was a strength, not a weakness.

A few days later, they were on the USS John C. Stennis. Light had mostly healed and so had Optimus. She walked up to him, and threatened, "You die on me again, I will personally resurrect you and kick your aft! I'm finally a full Prime!" 

Optimus chuckled softly, assuring, "Then I'll make sure I don't die again. Congratulations as well." 

Light just smirked, replying, "You better not! Whatcha think of my new paint?" 

"I... prefer it. Then again, I may be biased," Optimus admitted, amusement glinting in his optics. 

"What... oh," Light muttered. The flame design. She just sighed, another ripple of colour passing over her as she reverted her colours. 

"Still prefer this," she smirked. Optimus looked visibly disappointed as Light laughed. After a while, she turned to see Sam standing at the end of the flight deck. She nodded ever so slightly and Optimus walked up to him, the both of them watching the large expanse of water. Light listened to their small exchange, venting softly, a small smile on her faceplates.

A few days later...

Light drove to the beach. Stars shone in the pitch black sky, the half-moon casting its glow on the sea, causing it to have a silver sheen. The sand appeared white in the moonlight. Stopping at the edge of the beach, she transformed quietly. Down at the beach, a certain red and blue mech was gazing up at the stars. She smiled slightly, making her way over. 

 "Hey," she greeted. Optimus looked at her and asked, "Paperwork again?" 

"Nah, just training- wait no, kicking Sideswipe's aft." Optimus chuckled softly and Light sat down on the spot next to him. 

She switched on her radio, one of her downloaded songs playing,

"Sometimes I get so tired

Just trying to find a place to lay my head

I look up to the sky

I feel the warmest light comfort me

I've seen the great heights