Chapter 39

A shit-eating grin spread across Light's face as she deactivated her human form, transforming to stand beside Optimus. The wreckers then proceeded to rip the 'Con apart as energon sprayed on the ground. 

"Your leaders will now understand: Decepticons will never leave your planet alone. And we needed them to believe we had gone. For today, in the name of freedom, we take the battle to them!" Optimus pointed a digit in the direction of Chicago as Light smirked. The other Autobots soon drove up, transforming. 

"Hey, Lighty!" Jazz grinned, "Miss me?" 

"Missed you like I missed Devastator," Light scoffed. 

"Ouch!" Jazz placed a hand over his spark in mock hurt. 

"Besides, I knew you guys would come back." 

"Of course, you know everything, bla bla," Sideswipe muttered. Ironhide smacked him over the helm. 

"Ow!" 

"Shut up." 

"I saw your ship blow up!" Sam exclaimed. 

"The ship? We were never in the ship! We designed the damn thing, didn't we?" Roadbuster replied. 

"We were hidden in the first booster rocket to separate - splashed down back in the Atlantic, just as planned," Leadfoot added, spitting, "We ain't going nowhere!"

"Yeah, no one's exiling us!" Brains quipped. 

"The Autobots are staying right here. We're gonna help you win this war!" Wheelie finished. 

"They're surrounding the city to make a fortress so that no one can see what they're up to inside. Our only chance is the element of surprise," Optimus stated. 

Sam looked at the Decepticon plane before saying, "I think I know where to look. So you can fly this thing, right?" He turned his attention to Bee, who just wiggled his digits. 

"What is that... What is that? What is that? So-so? So you so-so can fly this. That feels terrible," Sam muttered. 

"We're right behind you," Epps told Sam, passing him a pistol. "All right, we're going in!" he announced.

Light transformed into her alt, her engine revving as they drove into the city. Just then, she felt a presence enter her mind. 

What are you doing here? 

Oh, nothing. 

You're in Chicago too, aren't you? 

Indeed. 

So what, siding with Cons again? 

No, just here. For you. I'm coming for you, Light. 

To what, kill me? 

Perhaps. It's not like I want to. 

How did you... how did you even get in here? 

Why should I tell you? 

Just... go away. 

As you wish. 

With that, the presence vanished. 

"Devastator's here," Light muttered as she transformed. 

"She doesn't know where I am for now, but if I stay, you'll all be found. We have to split up," Light said authoritatively. Optimus nodded in agreement.

"Stay safe, guys," Light said as she started to move off. 

"You're... you're not gonna stop her?" Sam exclaimed as Light drove off. 

"Once her mind is set, there's no changing it. This battle is hers alone," Ratchet said grimly. 

"Besides, we got 'Cons to take care of. Devastator is here for Light and Light alone," Ironhide added. 

"Will she be... safe?" Carly asked, feeling worried. Although Light had hidden the truth from her, she was still a friend. Optimus vented slowly. 

"That cannot be promised." They watched her retreating form until she disappeared into the smoke. 

"She's got sense and fight in her. She'll return," Dino muttered.

Light navigated the ruined streets, debris and rubble everywhere. The road was cracked, sparks flying from broken equipment. Just then, a slight movement caught her eye. She activated her human form and walked closer to see a woman and her child. They stared at her fearfully. 

"What happened?" she questioned gently. 

"The robots, they attacked without warning, my husband was killed," the woman's voice was laced with grief. 

"I'll get you both out of here," Light promised, leading them to her Lambo. 

"Wait... you're one of them!" The woman's eyes widened. 

"No, I'm an Autobot. I'll keep you safe, I promise," Light whispered, "Please, get in the car." The woman hesitated.

Just then, Light heard a sound behind them. Decepticon plane. 

"Go hide," she told them as she transformed, deactivating her human form. Quickly and silently, she sliced the cockpit open, killing the Decepticon inside. 

"Believe me now? I'll get you to safety," she told them, her door open. The woman got in slowly, leading her daughter after her. The door closed and Light sped through the ruined roads, heading to the exit. In a matter of minutes, they reached and she opened her door, letting them out. 

"Thank you," the woman murmured. Light flashed her headlights before turning around after making sure they left safely. 

"Light, Light... always so heroic."

Light tensed, transforming. She would recognise that voice anywhere. "Devastator," she hissed, unsheathing her katana.

Where are you?  

Aight here it is! I know I vanished for a bit, but I'm back now! Hope y'all enjoyed this chapter and, as per usual, vote, comment and follow! :)

~Lightningstar out