Chapter 20 - Traitor's Halo

Kneeling on the ground Travis of the church, Travis waited for Miranda to arrive and like a black angel her shadow emerged from the shadows wings extended.

Miranda: Travis...

Travis: Mother Miranda I swear my words are the truth, Lady Dimitrescu is a traitor while Moreau has done nothing about the outsiders in the reservoir-

Miranda: Enough.

Travis bit his lip falling quiet instantly. Miranda walked passed him, she raised her hand and mold-like branches unknot from the wall revealing a torch lit tunnel.

Miranda: Follow.

Travis stands and follows Miranda into the tunnel.

Miranda: I am aware of Alcina's treachery and of Moreau's disappearance... As well as the breach of my personal abode...

Travis: Y/n... Wait Moreau disappearance?

Miranda: Moreau vanished as the insurgency advanced, either coincidence or maybe intervention i am unsure but Y/n and Redfield-

Travis: Are working together!

Miranda paused, the two stopped in there tracks as Travis froze even Miranda's silence intimidated him.

Miranda: Explain yourself.

Travis: O-On my way back... From lady Donna's home I heard a loud and beastial yell, not a lycan, but worse... I found this...

He pulls out his phone holding it to Miranda showing her a video of Viral Tyrant Y/N scaling the Sluce gate while Redfield watched.

Miranda: By the gods he's evolving with such fury...

She muttered and watched as the video ended, she swiped to the next video.

Travis: Wait uh- the-

Miranda started watching of Y/n and Sheva 'mating' on the Sluce gate while Travis watched cussing Y/n out through gritted teeth.

Miranda watches for a moment then turned off the phone, she took the phone in her cloak and continued walking.

Travis was going to protest but he kept his mouth shut.

Soon the two arrived in a large chasm, Miranda walked in with no concern but when Travis saw the Megamycete clinging to the walls with a deep red glow.

Travis: What the hell...

Miranda: Travis.

Travis came back to reality, he hurried to Miranda. She pointed to the ground and so he kneeled in front of her.

Miranda: I know these tribulations have proven tiresome, the betrayals have to end here and I cannot rely on Donna for a head on attack whilst Heisenberg focus is on his machines... So you'll take the mantle as my sword~

Travis looked up, a big smile forming on his face but it quickly fell as he remembered his first fight with Y/n running fingers along the scar on his cheek.

Travis: My lady im honored but... I don't have the power to beat them...

Miranda: You will.

With that Miranda's hand spirals into three mold tentacles that pierce Travis chest. He gags and looks at Miranda as he starts spewing a thick black fluid from his mouth, then she connects her other arm to the giant tumor like mass of the Megamycete.

The sudden infusion causes the ground to tremor, rocks fall of the walls but no major damage.

A faint red light runs from the the mass through Miranda and into Travis causing his body to convulse and his eyes roll back, the whites turning black.