Chapter 2

Mhmm, how great it would be to see him crumble beneath me

Mhmm, how great it would be to see him crumble beneath me. Feeling the pleasure of destroying his last bit of pride, while he'll be begging me for mercy. God, I can't wait much longer...

"Benito, I need the car cleaned by tomorrow and remember to get rid of every remnant of today's spectacle. I believe you are aware of the consequences if you don't", Alarico ordered in that deep, authoritative voice of his which would have caused any normal person to tremble in fear but not Benito. He loved the dominance he held and what he loved even more was that his precious young master wasn't aware that his power hung on a thin thread. It was laughable how oblivious he was.

Despite his amusement the butler answered with a simple "Yes, sir" and bowed slightly.

Benito Giordano was taken in by Salvatore Este, when the then only 17-year-old had fled from Italy to America on the run from his own family. Initially he served as a bodyguard and butler for the then 14-year-old Alaric, who at that time had suffered severely from the physically and psychologically straining manners in the family clan. However, even during that time he already had the arrogance of a monarch and was very aware of his position as the mafia boss' son and of the great possibility of taking his father's place one day. Unfortunately, Alarico was too high of himself to notice that his younger brother, Lorenzo, had long surpassed him. Much more calculative approaches and sharpened competences overshadowed Alarico's rootless and crude attempts to gain his father's trust. It was foolish of him to ever believe that a wise man like Salvatore Este would simply inherit the imperium he created to him just because he was his first born.

And now after all those years it seems like Salvatore would finally burst his son's bubble.

After cleaning the car like he was told to do, Benito went back to his room. Tomorrow would be the day, Alarico would realise that the time he spent licking his father's feet, was spent in vain since he would find out that he in fact was never going to be chosen as the next mafia boss.

I wonder what expression he is going to make?

The thought alone made Benito hard. He desperately wanted to see him fall apart bit by bit. Wanted to toy with him like he did with all those standing beneath him. Oh, the satisfaction he'd get from stripping him of his dignity would be unimaginably fulfilling.

The butler let his hand wander under his pants as he fantasized about Alarico's bewildered expression when he would find out that it had been 'game over' for him all along.

His young master's puzzle had already begun falling apart with the divorce of his wife. In Alarico's eyes a rather insignificant piece, but Benito knew the impact would be much greater and much more destructive. A fitting anecdote for this would be the boiling frog. Growing up pampered and under false believes made Alarico blind to the danger of losing everything and unable to react in time.

And when there was finally nothing Alarico could fall back to Benito would be there to catch him. He would have no other choice but to cling onto the ones he treated worst.