𓆉A dreamlike reality𓆚

I slapped my cheeks to stay awake as the questions started blurring.

Not now. I've a lot to write. As the teacher says, for 5 marks, this answer is too small.

I kept blinking. It didn't help. If...I..

No, no, no. Stay awake.

Even shaking my head violently went in vain. Consequences of staying awake till two in the morning.

What to do?  I can shut my eyes for five seconds and then write. Yes.

I closed my eyes with that intention. 

Hmm…Maybe ten seconds.

The second hand keeps ticking.

8…9…a little..longer then I...

———

My eyes fluttered open on the onslaught of harsh sunrays.

Wh—

That's when it all came to me and I sat up in haste. Only to be left confused.

Wasn't it the examination day? What am I doing on top of a...tree, wait, I don't even know how to climb a tree.

While still contemplating my climbing abilities, I heard voices.

“We don't have much of law and order left anymore. Our  Raja is dead. We are not inclined on releasing the Kachchapa. And as for you, we don't care about you.”

That was more of a hiss than a human voice. One thing that I noticed was that it wasn't English, yet I understood that language.

But you can't enslave them forever. You promised—”

As I said, the one who promised is dead. And one of you is the suspected murderer. What makes you think we'd ever follow through what we said?”

I searched for the source of voice was, to see that below the tree I was on, were...creatures. Beside a strange, closed box, stood a scaly-skinned human. Its head was that of a snake. Rest of its semi-human body had scales. Similar creatures surrounded it with a guarded stance.

Opposite, stood another human-like creature with bird wings. It looked quite human except for its wild black mane.

Quite a strange dream, I thought, peering in.

“I wonder what Akupara would think of this.”

This voice did not belong to either of the previous two speakers. Tilting my body to the side, I watched the scene unfold.

Behind them, stood another winged-human creature except it had silvery-white mane of hair.

“You wouldn't. It's none of his busine—”

“Quite sure he has a different view, Vice Vishaa. Infact, I can fly over—”

“No! You won't do that. Alright, if I must, I-I, as the future Nagaraja, ask you to bring the Amrita, by the second dawn from now, then we should see.”

Isn't this interesting. Where is the popcorn? I haven't ever had such a dream.

Vice Vishaa walked away from the scene with its guards. Now, the two bird-humans were left.

Somehow, I felt bad for them. Even if it was just a dream, I didn't want to watch them suffer.

Still watching, I heard a crack.