Rebooting Mr Smith Part 2

We return to the film that evening. Mum, Mummy, Luke and Mr Jackson continued trying to work on Mr Smith, but he's not responding.

'Did you ever find those binoculars for the look-outs?' Will asks Charles as Will and my on-screen counterpart walk up to the edge of the Bridge.
'Haven't seen them since Southampton,' Charles says.
'I hope we find them soon,' my on-screen counterpart says. 'They can't see far without them.'
'I'm sure there won't be a problem, Murdy two.'
'Oh, don't start!'
'Well, Murdy, Murdy two, I'll be on my rounds. Cheerio.'
'We need to get him to stop calling us Murdy,' Will groans. 'I bet if we end up having a kid, he'll call them Murdy three.'
'Yeah, we can't let that happen.'

'That did happen,' Anna says. 'Even Sky hated the nickname! It seems like hating the nickname "Murdy" runs in the family—other than the fact Emma married into it, but—'
'Can we please continue watching?' Maria asks.
'I'm throwing in some historical facts! And also, Will and Charles are wearing the wrong uniforms.'
'But they were the first and second officers. They're wearing the right uniforms.'
'They were meant to be the chief and first officers before the switch. Henry Wilde came on board, David Blair left, and both Will and Charles were bumped down. It was only for the maiden voyage, and there was no time to get new uniforms.' Anna eventually concedes to Maria's wishes, and Maria continues playing the film.

It's not long before Jack and Rose arrive on the forward well deck, distracting Will and my on-screen counterpart. Jack and Rose start kissing, and Will and I turn away to give them some privacy. 'They're probably warmer than we are,' he says.
'We can warm up later. Now, we've got a watch to do.'
'More like I've got a watch to do; you can do whatever you like.'
'I'd rather stay here with you than talk to those arrogant first-class toffs.'
'You're one of them.'
'And I hate that.' The two start kissing, and the perspective changes to Fleet and Lee in the Crow's Nest.

'Emma was on watch at that time, too,' Anna sighs. 'She was seventh officer, something James Cameron loves to ignore.'

'Oh, bugger me!' Fleet's yell and the sound of the bell are enough to pull us out of our thoughts. The bell is also enough for Will and Emma to stop kissing, and they stare out into the darkness. Fleet grabs the phone and calls the Bridge, which James answers.

What happens in the film next is utter chaos. The officers rush around, trying to avoid the iceberg, and I'm trying to help them. It then cuts to the engine and boiler rooms as they react to the full astern order. Add on top of that the other queens yelling, 'Miss the bloody thing this time!' and that's what we had in our living room.

At least until the iceberg hits.

The queens start shrieking at the top of their lungs. We hear a terrible screeching noise as ice and steel collide. 'Hard to port!' Anna yells. 'Murdy, give the order!'
'Hard to port!' William finally yells, and the stern of the ship misses the iceberg. He then closes the watertight doors, and panic ensues in the boiler rooms.

We all cry out in anger when Lovejoy places the diamond in Jack's coat pocket, and he is arrested. We all fall silent when we hear what Mr Andrews says. We're all expecting it, but it fills us with dread nonetheless. We watch intently as the sinking continues.

'Lower away, left and right together!' Will yells. We look inside the boat, and my on-screen self is sitting in the boat. However, she quickly jumps up and clings onto the deck just as the boat slants. The occupants of the boat scream. 'Hold the left side! Right side only! Right side only, hold the left side.' Once the boat is stable, Will helps my on-screen self onto the deck and lowers the lifeboat to the water. A rocket fires up, and it lights up the night sky and the occupants of the ship. The scene then cuts back to the starboard side. 'Emma, get into the next boat.'
'No, I'm not leaving you!'
Will sighs. 'If you won't get into a boat, then you help bring the women and children forward.' My on-screen self smiles and nods. Will still looks troubled as she hurries into the crowd.