||the kindness of strangers||

season 5 episode 8
short chapter

FLASHBACK

FIFTEEN YEARS AGO

"What the hell happened here?"Ophelia asks looking around.

"The battle, obviously. They lost, I won. The world is right again. Why don't you go find a bedroom,love."Klaus said to her nicely.

"Preferably one that hasn't been contaminated.
by Marcel miscreant pests."Klaus said to her.

"I'm not staying here, This isn't home. This this is a war zone."She said looking at the dead bodies.

"You see that crest? My heir belongs here. What you want is of no consequence."

"Klaus, I can be your hostage, or we can try and be better than that. Four our children. We can try and make them feel safe."Ophelia said to him.

"I'll have someone clean this up, why don't you take Kol's room, it has a fireplace."He said and he smiles at her.

"Klaus, I want to believe that theses babies means something to you, I want to believe in
you, don't let us down."She said and looks down at her stomach ponding.

+

They open the door.

"Indra is dead because of Elijah! Ophelia sister she'll never forgive him."Klaus yells.

"Shut it! Indra wouldn't want this!"Rebekah yells they get inside of the door.

"Oh, bloody hell. Now we're in Elijah mental maze. Of all hells I've had to endure.."Kol said looking at the maze.

"The door. What do this,Xavier and Blair revenge? In prison me till I reclaim all of my
memories, forcing me to accept accountability
for all of this?"Kol says and looking at the door.

"Well, as much as I love a cherry on top of a
scheme. I have somewhere else to be."Kol says and opens the door he wakes up Marcel opens it.

"Nik! We can't just leave him here!"-Rebekah

"Well yes."-Rebekah

"We made a vow!"-Rebekah

"We made a vow. I made a vow to my brother.
That's the man who got Xavier and Blair Aunt killed also Ophelia sister!"Klaus yells.

"I thought the same thing about you once. Do you remember our mother? Before all of the
turmoil because I do. I remember when she would put flowers in my braid, as I remember when she would sing to us in the morning. And then you killed her."Rebekah said to him.

"Why are you bringing up this now?"

"Because we are capable of doing terrible things, but we are also capable of forgiveness."

"It's just a door, Elijah! Open it!"Klaus yells at his brother. "Go on."Klaus says to her and she opens it they open the door and memories start coming back.

"No, I'm sorry Ophelia forgive me."Elijah said and cries Indra was very close to them.