It's Okay

- platonic winterspider

Steve heard a knock on his door.

"Come in." He said, looking up from his sketchbook.

"Hey Mr. Captain America! I have a question." Peter said, peeking his head through the door.

"For the last time, son. It's 'Steve' to you. What is your question?"

"Okay, Mr. Steve." Peter said.

The boy walked to a nearby seat, closing the door behind him.

"I know this might be a little personal and it may bring up some unwanted memories- you know what? I'll just not ask it. Bye, Mr. Steve!" Peter said.

He tried to get up but was pulled back by Steve gripping his wrist.

"Just ask the question. I won't get mad." Steve said.

"Okay. I've always thought Mr. Bucky's arm was super cool, and I was just wondering why he has it?" Peter asked.

"Oh... well. Buck and I were born way back in the 40s, which means both me and him fought in World War II. He fell off a train, and was captured by Hydra. They made him their errand boy, dubbed the Winter Soldier. They brainwashed him and made him murder people that get it their way. The metal arm is a prosthetic made for him by Hydra." Steve explained.

"Oh..." Peter said, sad.

Peter got up and went to the living room where some of the Avengers watched TV. He curled up next to Bucky, hugging his arm and resting his head on Bucky's shoulder.

Bucky tensed up. He wasn't used to being hugged like this.

"Why?" Bucky asked.

Steve then walked in from the hallway into the living room. He saw the situation his best friend was in and a small smile tugged at his lips.

"I told him about what happened to you." Steve said softly.

Bucky's expression morphed into one of sadness, and he hugged the boy next to him back.

"I still think you're awesome." Peter said.

The rest of the Avengers in the room's hearts melted at their baby spider's wholesomeness.

:DDD