PSAs

"Parker, detention." Mr. Harrington, Peter's teacher, said as the teen walked in the class door fifteen minutes late.

It wasn't like Peter didn't expect it. He knew he was going to be late for school. He had woken up that morning in a terrible mood and with zero motivation to do anything so procrastinated getting up in the first place. Then he waited to the last second to put his things in his bag. Then to leave. And then he realized he didn't have socks so he had to go back inside to get them.

Peter slumped down in his usual seat next to Ned  and waited until school ended so he could leave but was stopped as he made his way to leave by the teacher.

"Parker, don't forget you've got detention now. It's what you get for your lack of punctuality." said his teacher.

Peter cursed under his breath and made his way to detention, slouching into a random seat.

He glared at the staff member in charge of detention as the man turned on the old box TV at the front of the room and selected the Captain America detention PSA that the school was required to play by law.

"So, you got detention. You know what you did is wrong, but the question is; how are you gonna make things right? Maybe you were trying to be cool. Take it from a guy who's been frozen for sixty-five years. The only way to be cool is to follow the rules. we all know what's right, we all know what's wrong..." PSA Cap droned on.

Peter groaned and banged his head down on his desk.

-:-:-:-:-

Peter burst the door into the compound open with no mercy. He was in a huff.

"Woah, Spidey! That door isn't painted green, you don't need to slam it like that." Clint said.

Peter was too angry to care if he understood that analogy. He took his bag off and hurled it at an unsuspecting Steve. The older man just barely managed to catch it without spilling his cup of chamomile tea.

"Hey, what's got you so angry? Wanna sit and talk about it like two civil members of society?" Steve said, setting Peter's backpack down on the floor and placing his tea on the coffee table.

Steve sat on the couch, leaning forward and resting his elbows on his knees. His listening position.

Peter grabbed a nearby chair and placed it in front if him, flipping it so that it would be facing him. He sat down with a righteous and patriotic air to him, mimicking Captain America's exact motions in the PSA he'd seen at least a hundred times. An expression of realization dawned on Steve's face.

"So, you made some PSAs. You know what you did was fucking stupid, but the question is, how the fuck did you think it was a good idea? Take it from a guy who's had to watch them for the past eleven years; I fucking hate you right now!" Peter said.

"I'm sorry, Cap made some what?" Tony asked, stifling a laugh.

"You guys haven't seen Captain America's PSAs?" Peter asked.

"Wait no don't show them-" Steve was cut off by Tony.

"FRIDAY, pull up any and all PSAs made by Steve Rogers." Tony said.

"So, you got detention..." 

The rest of the afternoon was spent watching all of Cap's PSAs, and the Avengers never let him live it down. Ever. They could be in the middle of fighting some bad guys and they'll still reference them.

:DDD