Sasha (AOT)

Fanart by: 17yeah@🍉 on Twitter.

(Season 4 spoilers)
==================================

Red.

So much red. Too much red.

Time felt like it froze as we all looked back behind us at the disgruntled noise that followed after the gunshot rang out.

Only for our expressions to morph from confusion to mortification as we watched her hold the sudden intrusive wound inflicted on her abdomen before her legs gave out under her as she fell onto her back, brown eyes shifting around the ceiling and the surrounding audience as Connie rushed to her side.

Me and Jean looked up towards the brat wielding the firearm, the firearm she used to shoot Sasha. The feeling that weighed on my chest was indescribable, my chest armour became restricting as I stared at the woman I had come to love deeply lying on the wooden ground in a pool of her own blood, the other people that held her dear trying to stop the ever flowing vital fluid that was seeping out at a rapid pace while trying to calm their own inevitable panic that was shattering their soldier facade, like a hammer to a mirror. 

Clear hatred shone in my eyes as I stared into the brat's own mud-looking ones. Floch held both the assailants in his grip as his gaze shifted from me to the child. Clear nervousness shone as my peircing glare remained unmoving, (E/C) boring into wavering brown ones.

"God damn it, (Y/N) help me with this!" Connie shouted his voice somewhat strained from his repressed sobs that lingered at the back of his throat as he stared up at the male who's hand hovered over his own weapon, gaze still concentrated on the girl before his full attention shifted to assisting Connie, his eyes noticeably softening but still brimming with worry as he stared down at the wounded woman, carefully he moved some of Sasha's hair that had got into her face when she collapsed as his own set of tears started to linger on his waterline.

Everything surrounding the male blurred together as he remained focused on Sasha's face, her unfocusing eyes finally meeting with his as the adrenaline seemed to start slowing down unlike the blood flow that was trying to be halted with the bandages that whoever was applying but it seemed to be to no avail.

"Sasha! Hey!"

"Stay with us!" Connie pleaded, me agreeing silently as I gripped her smaller hand in mine.

"Hey!"

"You're so loud...." Sasha's hoarse voice managed to whisper out as she made an attempt to squeeze my hand back while trying to look at the distressed Connie.

"Is the food...not here yet?" Her dimmer eyes seemed to shut more, the more energy she put into speaking.

"Hurry with the tourniquet! Apply more pressure to the wound and get it covered! Hurry!" Jean shouted at the few remaining soldiers that were trying to patch Sasha up while the rest went after the kids who Floch had let fall to the ground and be trampled on.

"Sasha! Hold it until we reach the island"

Sasha's hand seemed to get limper as her already weak grip completely let go of my hand as her head lolled to the side. The strength leaving her body as dangerous amounts of blood continued to seep through the bandages, silently confirming the unwanted truth.

Sasha was going to die.

"Meat..." A part of me wanted to laugh the hopeful part of me, the part that held an unrequited love for the Braus, even if the years had changed us all for better or for worse, even if war raged on, our target's changing as humanity turned on itself, even if Sasha was on the verge of death's unstoppable grasp, Sasha was still Sasha.