1. Memories

Mrinalini - 20 year old girl, apple of her parents eyes, loyal, clear-headed, always the calm in the storm. Sometimes she maybe dark and twisted but that doesn't stop her from being the best. Being born and brought up in an extremely orthodox family, she doesn't know the outer world much, but her craze about books coached her so many things. And the books built her as a literature student.

Her life, as now is so peaceful and blooming. But will she able to withstand all the storms in future and fight for the things she held dear to her life is the biggest question mark?.

She's truly an apple to her parents eyes. She have things she wanted even before she asked, and she herself knows the love of her parents towards her. All she wanted is to make them proud. Being a single child, she was an introvert, with her books, living in her own imaginary world, loving the fictional world more than the reality, she doesn't got many chances to interact and socialise with others. But she has the vision to distinguish the fiction and reality.

Her life is so simple, peaceful, calm like the cold breeze.

Even though being steady and stable some stone hits harder and some pits are much deeper. Like that, the feel of love strikes every person without showing the sympathy. She's no less than a victim in hands of love.

(Past)

She didn't exactly know, the past, whether it's a nightmare or a daydream. There, she was crushing on the person so hard during her school days, who probably didn't showed her a second glance.

Krithik was a charismatic muscular boy with glasses and literally the topper of his school, with an extremely energetic aura that will attract obviously everyone. He was so full of life and he's that kinda guy who can kill and die for friendship.

He was probably two years elder than her. She can't decide whether it's his beauty or intelligence which attracts her in the first place, like every other dispute, she did fight those stupidly euphoric feelings lurking in heart slowly, hating him for causing so much trouble but the fight and hatred ended in vain. With everyday her feelings got stronger and she started to see him in a new light. Though it was hatred at first sight, she started admire the things he had done.

Like the law of opposites attract, she did attracted towards his extroverted things, but his innocence is still her favourite. She did things like everyone embarrassing themselves in front of their crush, doing silly things desperately to get attention. It's okay to her as far as he at least recognize her as a person. She didn't know about his attention, though she got some chances to speak and admire all the way she want, as his family lived near her house. Basically he was her neighbour that she learnt somehow.

But she got to know lately, that it's his grandparents house and his parents lives in abroad. Also he will be leaving from here for his further studies soon without even letting her know. And her self respect suddenly triggered, making her questioning herself what she did throughout the year was nothing closer to make her parents proud. She wanted to hate him, but being lost in that battle, she came with the decision to admire him from far away and live her life peacefully.

The past was bitter-sweet, those little accidental touches, the few seconds eye contacts, the flutters of her heart, the secret admirations, the imaginary conversations, everything stored in her diary, unsaid; untold. Also deep inside her heart safely with password coded.

She was now living her life calmly, pursing her dream of being a literature student, eventually she'll become a writer one day. She started to write after he left, she don't how to cope up and then she started to write poetries and proses.

...

Though she didn't have friends during her high school days, as she solely concentrated on her studies apart from the hovering- unwanted thoughts of his. Even though being alone has its own perks, sometimes even she felt deserted, and sometimes she wished for a friend or a sibling at least to share her crowding thoughts possibly spoil her whole day. Though she has her parents as her best friends, sometimes she can't share everything she wanted to.

The idea of friendship or getting close to people scared her the most. But it's always amaze her as how Krithik love his friends and did everything for them. He's such an amazing friend to have. But she didn't got that luck either. She doesn't do friendships as she had already felt and experienced many of her friends and families leaving her and her darling parents alone, abandoned and directionless. It was very hard to learn from those horrible experiences. But now, it's hard for her to trust anyone and share her mind.

Yet her college life changed her a bit, the fear doesn't stop her to getting close and making memories as she doesn't believe in forever. According to her theory she recently learned, everything is temporary but memories, that's all you have at the end of your life. So live, love and evolve.

Her college best friends - Madhu shri and Sanjana are made very important role in those changes. They accepted her the way she is and also letting her take her own time to open up. Sometimes she used to wondered whether she learned the value of friendship from Krithik, maybe she did really.

She didn't know that the fate would play games with her life, making her questioning all her theories and formulae she had derived.

•••

(Now)

The August wasn't supposed to be this rainy. The cold made her hands tremble as she was standing on the terrace reminiscing her past life with utmost interest. She apprehended that it was past eight, she need to go down to eat dinner.

She doesn't know why those past memories are haunting her more frequently now a days, she's used to being teased by her friends about her so called admiration on Krithik, which they always considered as crush or more than that.

Admiration - the feeling of respect and affection combines to create a feeling which is not always have to considered as romantic, yet this is so much pure to even to compare with crush and infatuation.

But in case of her, it's admiration overdosed. She sure has many of the admirations in her past, yet no one is as powerful as Krithik.

Oh, Damn the effects he had on her, even without attempting.

...

After dinner, the trio (Mrinalini and her parents) chatted a lot, her darling father, Sankar mahadevan cracking jokes and teasing her mother, Sivagami together, it was indeed delightful night.

Replying all those texts and responding to the mails, she went to bed, yet sleep was far away from her. Thoughts about him, occurs more recently in this span of two days, sometimes even the dreams were so full of him. Though it's been years, it felt like yesterday. As fresh as an early morning air.

The weird thing about memories is those we want to forget always stays and those we want to remember get easily forgotten.
Sometimes the happiest memory causes so much pain, and also the sad ones. As if pain and memories are like long-lasting best friends. Like sometimes without one, other can't exist.

It was a Sunday morning, Mrinalini watered the plants and went for her Bharatanatyam dance practice which she learned from her mother. She loved dancing as it always does the repair of her damaged mood. Books, music and dance are her kinda things to rely on. She doesn't rely on people.

It was her semester holidays, she just wanted to enjoy these days as she did pretty good in her exams by studying so hard.

But, fate has other plans of course! .

***

Unedited.