Chapter 3: Change

It was early in the morning as the sun rose and things were fairly peaceful within the small yet charming Karakura Town. A loud bell rang that emanated from the Karakura High school which was a signal for students that class was in session. Things were all but normal for everyone besides a specific class that has just recently gotten a new student.

After a respectful bow, Mizuki raised her head with a smile "My name is Mizuki Uchiha, it's a pleasure to meet you all. I hope we can all get along."

The entire class was dumbstruck by the newcomer, shocked at seeing such an attractive woman joining their class. Almost all the boys were ecstatic at the idea and many of the girls as well, some more than others if you can catch my drift.

Though there were still some that were skeptical at Mizuki's arrival. Within the chattering classmates sat a young man who was looking at Mizuki with a curiously raised brow and Mizuki immediately made eye contact with him, giving him an innocent smile to which he responded by looking away embarrassingly.

~

"You want me to go to school?" Mizuki asked, sitting at the dining desk with Urahara as Yoruichi slept on her lap.

Urahara nodded, waving his fan in front of his face "You've been here for two weeks now, it's time to do something productive while we find a solution for your predicament."

"And sending me to school was your best idea?" Mizuki asked skeptically.

"What better way to interact with others and learn more about this world than high school?" Urahara asked with a smirk.

"I haven't been to school since I was 10 Kisuke." Mizuki stated.

"That was ninja school, this is normal school." Urahara retorted.

"I'm 20 years old though." Mizuki said.

"Your records say you're 15." Urahara replied with a smirk.

"Records? What records?" Mizuki asked.

Tessai entered the room with a stack of papers in one hand and a grey uniform in the other "Everything's sorted boss."

"You weren't even going to wait for my answer were you?" Mizuki asked with narrowed eyes.

Urahara giggled behind the fan "I assumed you'd say yes after I convinced you but you can still back out if you want."

Mizuki looked at the papers and the uniform and sighed "Why not."

~

'This might've been a mistake.' Mizuki said in her head while she responded to the bombardments of questions from the many students crowding the desk she was sitting at though the only pair of eyes that she found interest in were the ones from the boy who she made eye contact with that was still looking at her from afar at his desk.

~

Mizuki sighed in relief "Finally, a moment of peace."

It was now lunch time and she denied several requests to eat with the other students and opted to eat on the roof, which was a good decision because no one was there and she could have her lunch in a nice and quiet environment.

The door to the roof opened and Mizuki couldn't help but frown in annoyance, knowing that her peace was interrupted. She turned to see the boy from before walking towards her and sitting at the other side of the bench she was sitting on.

He was quite a handsome young man from the looks of it, with short and spiky orange hair, brown eyes and a lean body. He wore the same uniform as she did but instead of the skirt, he wore grey pants.