Chapter 2 -Dinner

"Mom Im not going to do that.Ive told you more than enough this is not your wedding its my wedding Ma and Id like to plan it the way I want to "I sighed tired of the constant arguing with my mom.

I am pretty sure everyone else is also tired of our bickering.This isnt at  all  a suprise,my mom and I never really had the best  mother and daughter relationship.

She would never support my dreams no matter how good it is ,she would always find a way to criticize my decisions.

I remember when I was pregnant with Danielle she kept on saying I was making a huge mistake and Id regret it .She kept saying that at 21 I shouldnt be taking care of a baby instead I should go out and party but has she forgotten that going out and partying is how Danielle came to be.

"Listen Tayla,Im just saying...get these flowers they are way prettier than those pink roses ,I think red roses are much more romantic and they will definetely complement your white and gold theme for the dinner."She argued back and glanced at Ivy to back her up.

"Yes Tayla I think your mother is ri-" Ivy quickly shut her mouth as soon as she realised that I was glaring at her.

"This is my wedding and I'll do as I like."I mumbled as I picked up my flower and walked towards the till so that I could pay for those particular flowers .

Today we were having dinner with my in-laws and the rest of my bridal party. I was going to use the flowers as a centerpiece for our beautiful long dining room table.

"Thank you"I smiled paying the beautiful old florist lady."I hope you have a spectacular dinner and I think the pink roses are much more pretty and they will go really well with your theme"The lady winked.

" Thank you. Your flowers are really beautiful and I would really be honoured to have them at my dinner...as a matter of fact I'd love for you to do my wedding bouque."I smiled really happy with the roses I picked out...this lady's flowers were really amazing.

***
We went home and mom went out again to get some deserts for the dinner.I found this as a opportunity to talk to my bestfriend about her new boyfriend who happens to be my ex and my baby daddy.

"Ivy lets go outside for a chat"I said . Ivy and I made our way to the back and sat on the lawn chairs in the shade.

"So how are you doing"I questioned not sure how to even start this conversation.

"We saw each other this morning what do you mean how am I doing?"She lifted her eyebrows and her blue eyes scrutinising me .

"Ohk...Are you happy with Flynn?"I asked jumping right into the main reason ."I know what your doing Tayla...Im very happy with Flynn...he makes me feel things Ive never felt before."She smiled with dreamy eyes.

"Thats what he will make you feel at first Ivy,he will make you feel like your the only woman on this planet...then he changes and he will hurt you" .

"Just because he treated you like crap Tayla that doesnt mean he is going to treat me like crap "Ivy snapped raising her voice.

"Im just trying to look out for you ohkay!I dont want you to go through what I did!Your my best friend and I care about you ohkay?" I yelled getting slightly irritated.

"I see now...You dont want me to be happy. Is that right?You want all the happiness for yourself . Even before you were with Ethan you knew I liked him but you went for him anyways and I forgave you for that ,I deserve to be happy too and Flynn is that happiness for me and if you cant support that...then I guess we cant be friends "She sighed with her arms folded.

"I want you to be happy just not with...ohkay Im sorry I am being irrational and unfair...if he make you happy then Im also happy for you. I just need you to be careful and if anything bothers you I will always be there for you. "I said with a sigh and I took in a big breath to calm myself down.We now sat in a awkward silence and thick tension.

Soon after my husband to be and daughter walked in ,Ethan put Danny on her feet and she ran into Ivy's lap.

She loved Ivy because she was what is known as 'the fun aunt' and she sneaks Danny sweets after dinner even after I said no.

"Hey sweetheart, Hey Ivy"Ethan kissed my forehead and took a sit in a chair near mine.

"Mama,Uncle Ean took me to the park and buyed ice cream for me and I sawed a cute puppy...Mama can you get me a puppy?"My daughter rambled,she talked a lot for a three year old but I loved her anyways.

"I bet the park was fun and I will get you a puppy...one day when you are able to take care of it"I said giving her kiss on the cheek and she giggled and acted as if she was disgusted when I kissed her wiping her cheek.

"So...My parents called and they said they will be here in about 2 hours and I will be heading out to pick up Ryan and Alex from the airport soon"Ethan said mentioning his two bestfriends .

"Cool"I said ready to stand up and start with dinner.

***
Soon everyone was in the living room and the room was lively with chatter and laughter.

My in-laws were the sweetest people ever and they brought some gift for me and Danny...it was the first time she met them and I can tell that she liked them .I had met them on some occasions and they were interesting people.

My fiancé 's friends were also here and they were extremely loud people but I was now used to them and their ways. My friends were also here and I was happy seeing everyone and talking to them .

"Could I get everyone's attention please"I said over the crowd in our house ,everyone quieted down and all eyes were now on me and Ethan who was now at my side with a arm wrapped around my waist.

"Firstly Ethan and I would like every each one of you for being able to be part of our wedding and being able to make it to this dinner before the wedding rush begins."I smile and nudge Ethan a gently for him to also say something.

"Uhh...Yes,Thank you all. Your support is truly appreciated for coming from all over the world to come and celebrating with us. "He smiles and kisses my forehead.

"With that being said ,Id like all of you to make your way to the dining room and we can all enjoy our dinner "I said with a smile on my face.

Them being here was really a blessing,to me this meant that this wedding is actually really happening very soon.

The dining room was lively with chatter and laughter. Food scattered the table ,different types of food which included food from my Dad's Indian side ,Mom's American side and also a little of Ethan's Vietnamese food.

Everyone seemed to be having a blast and I enjoyed seeing the smiles on everyone's faces.

"So Tayla, Ethan told me that the honeymoon is going to be in Switzerland,do you have any spesific activities you want to do?"My mother in law to be Janice asked and the whole table grew quiet and all eyes were on me.

"Ohh well not really but Id love to try chocolate making,Ive always wanted to experience it "I said a smile making its way to my face.

"Do you remember when we were engaged and we were also planning to go to Switzerland "Flynn said with a smirk on his face. I held my knife tighter to withold myself from stabbing him in the face and glared at him.

The silence and tension in the room was so thick it could be sliced by a knife. "You were engaged to him?"Janice asked quiet suprised and kind of displeased with the fact that my ex fiance was at my wedding.

"Uhmm,yes,Im sorry for not mentioning it earlier,he is also Danielle's father "I said feeling a little awkward and stupid .

Why hadnt I thought of telling them such information.Flynn and I are too have a talk,Im not going to let him ruin my wedding .

××××××××××××××
A/N
Well...That was something☺
Please do leave a comment nd a vote if you liked the chapter it will be much appreciated😊