The Dinner

Taehyung munching on the gourmet cookie, sitting opposite to Jungkook in a table in Jungkook's home garden and thinking deep of the current situation. How did they end up here again? Well, that's a very good question.

Mr. and Mrs. Kim's groom ad fiasco bombarded them with plenty of phone calls every day starting from creeps, oldies and some decent people as well. Guess what, Tae even agreed to meet some of them and the encounters went somewhat alright. The only difference is in none of the encouters the groom's side parents weren't involved. Now when Jungkook parents reached out to the Kims, you can clearly guess how ecstatic the Kim parents began. Instead of a small blind date type of thing, the Jeon family invited the Kims to dinner. And there they were, sitting outside awkwardly.

To break the awkward silence, Tae asked the quintessential question that every Asian arranged marriage couples ask during their first encouter. 'So what are your hobbies?'

To say, the boy sitting opposite to Taehyung is shocked would be an understatement. Jungkook can't believe that this is actually happening. His father, the chairman of Jeon Enterprise, one of the most shrewed and successful businessman in the world has arranged a family meeting from a fucking newspaper ad. He is seriously thinking, this is some kind of sick joke, his parents are playing with him. Without even consilting him, Jungkook's parents simply asked him to join the dinner and be 'polite' to his future possible 'in laws' and 'husband to be'. Jungkook chucked at the thought and mistakenly said out loud, 'You've got to be kidding me'.

'Excuse me?', Tae replied. Not quit getting why Jungkook was getting quite worked up for? It was Jungkook's family in the first place who invited them for dinner in their mansion like home just from a newspaper ad. He was re-evaluating his decision of saying yes to this so called family dinner.

Jungkook rubbed his forehead and finally started speaking after taking a long breath, 'Listen, I don't mean to be rude. But you seem like a decent guy, I actually expected you to be some pervert or psychopath or something. I mean who  in their right minds would post a newspaper ad for finding a groom! You know what, don't reply to that. I am in no position to judge you when my own family actually took up on this ridiculous offer.'

'Hey hey Jungkook, no need to be worked up on this. I am just as embarrassed as you are with the current situation we are in. My parents love me a lot and they sometimes can go overboard with a few things. I didn't have the heart to say no to them when this gesture only showed their genuine love and care for me.', Taehyung tried to console the boy. He is not sure why did he even feel the need to explain Jungkook. He could've just shrugged his comment off with some sassy remark. Somehow Jungkook was the only person who was honest about this awkward situation and how he felt about unlike his other dates who kept saying how innovative this newspaper ad idea was!.

Listening to Taehyung explaining, Jungkook thought to himself, finally someone rational in the room. 'Well, my hobbies are boxing, painting and photography.'

'Huh!' Taehyung didn't get his answer out of the blue.

'You asked me what my hobbies were, so I just answered you. What about you? What are your hobbies?'- Jungkook

'Right, I love photography too. I am not much of an artist but I do admire and appreciate good art.'- Taehyung

While the conversation flow went alright Jungkook thought to himself. Maybe we can have a decent conversation and shake hands, say goodbye and move on with our own lives.

Oh boy, was he wrong! Because the conversation going on, on the otherside of the building was completely different than the two rational men sitting next to each other.