The Confrontation (Jungkook)

'What do you mean we are getting married in a month? Papa, I don't even know the boy properly. There is a limit to this madness seriously.' Jungkook shouts at the top of his lungs.

'Jungkook is right, honey. That middle class boy can never meet the standards of our society. He won't be able to keep up with the shine and glamour of this rich society. He is just a mere dentist. It's going to such a hassle for me to train that boy for going to kitty parties with me. And moreover, what about my grandkids? I thought you would just meet the family, see how shabby they are and finally realize what a big mistake this was.', Jungkook's mother tried to reason with Mr. Jeon now.

'That's not the point mom. This has nothing to do with their wealth. I simply don't know the boy and marriage is a big decision. Plus, I am not ready to get into commitment. I don't love him. You guys are being infair to both me and Taehyung.' Junkook didn't like the way his mom's shallow comments about Taehyung and hiw family. So he tried to explain the key reason why they are arguing on this topic in the first place.

'Enough of the commotion you two!' This time Mr. Jeon shouted. 'My decision is final and I don't want any sort of arguments or explanations. Listen Jungkook, one month is more than enough. Get to know the boy and teach him our family standards and etiquettes. And love? Really? I thought I taught you better than this. Marriage doesn't need to be of love, it only requires two things 'compromise and adjustment'!'

Then he looked at Mrs. Jeon and replied, 'honey, it's better to bring a person to our family who is weak and powerless. It gives you a chance to dominate and manipulate him the way you want. If some rich powerful man's daughter comes in this family, she won't just listen to our rules and our wants. She will raise voice if we do something unfair to her. But with Taehyung, it's going to be so easy to control the boy. Think of the bigger picture. You can groom him just the way you want to.'

Jungkook wasn't surprised when these words came out of his father's mouth. He grew up in that house. He is well aware of how selfish and shrewd his parents can be. But this one tops the notch. Literally, using an innocent powerless boy for their own needs is just despicable. He at least expected his parents to discuss these matters of manipulation or control behind the doors. They are seriously discussing this in front of their own son. The parents are discussing how they are going to manipulate their future son-in-law right in front of their own son. Fucking unbelievable!

'Do whatever the fuck you guys want.' With this Jungkook barged out of the room. He knows there's no point explaining anything rational to his parents. His dad will end up giving the same threat he has been giving over the years. 'sack him from his CEO position that Jungkook himself earned it by working hard right from the bottom'.

Don't get him wrong, Jungkook isn't greedy for the money or power. He wants to be in a position where he can help people, offer them income opportunities and jobs. He knows what an asshole his father is curtailing basic employees rights to his subordinates. Hence Jungkook wants to remain as CEO so that he can take care of its employees from the horrible clutches of his father. Business is his passion. He can't just leave his passion and his desire to help people.

Coming outside, he took a deep breath. It's not going to work like this. I have to convince Taehyung to say no to this marriage. He seems like a reasonable person. If I intimidate him, maybe he will back off from this wedding. Yes, that's what I will do. Otherwise, my parents are ruining two lives at once.