Charlie ☞︎︎︎ hide

Requested by Potter4life0 <33

sᴜᴍᴍᴀʀʏ : During the parents meet teachers night, Charlie, who doesn't his parents to find him, hide with you.

ᴡᴀʀɴɪɴɢs : none

☼︎☼︎☼︎

Tonight was parents meet teachers day. And you hated it. Not that you didn't like your parents, but you found it boring - but mainly stressing - to sit in a chair while a teacher rant about you.

So this year you asked your mom if it was really necessary for you to be there. As you slept at school you had no choice but to stay in the school, but your mom, as sweet as she is, agreed.

You were sitting on a bench, reading a book. It was warm outside as it was an end of September night. The whole school was illuminated enough to see the black words on the book in your hands.

You were deep in your story when you heard your name off the distance. As you looked up, you saw none other than Charlie running toward you.

"Hey Y/n/n, what are you reading?" he asked as he sat next to you but looked in front of him

"What are you doing here?" you asked and closed your book

"Well good to see you too" he laughed as he turned his head to you.

"Charlie, what did you do?" you continued to ask and furrowed your eyebrows

"Me? Nothing"

You raised your eyebrows at him

"No seriously, I didn't do anything. I just don't want my parents to catch me. If they do I'll have to go with them meeting the teachers" he explained and rested his arm on the back of the bench behind you

"Why don't you tell them you don't want to go with them?"

"You really think they would agree? Hell no. Plus I'm better with you" he smiled

You smiled back and shook your head before looking ahead of you. You saw off the distance Mr. Nolan and who seemed to be Charlie's mom.

"You might want to hide" you said and Charlie looked where your gaze headed.

He got up and looked around before going to hide in between two buildings right next to the bench. You contained your laugher and got up as both the adults came toward you.

"Hello Y/n" Mrs. Dalton said with a smile and shook your hand. You knew Charlie's mom, you met her before.

"Mrs. Y/l/n" started Mr. Nolan "By any miracle, have you seen Mr. Dalton anywhere?"

"No, I'm sorry, I have no idea where he could be" you lied

Mrs. Dalton sighed and looked around her.
"Well, thank you still. Have a good night Y/n" Mrs. Dalton said and put her hand on your shoulder before they both went away.

You watched them walk away before turning to where Charlie was; just a couple of feet away.
"You can come back, they're gone" you laughed

Charlie appeared with a proud face and wrapped his arm around your shoulders before you both walked away.

"We make a great team" he said and got a cigarette out of his left pocket with his free arm.

You took the lighter in his right pocket before bringing it up to his lips where the cigarette was, creating a little flame at the end of it.

You both walked until reaching the dock. Charlie sat and laid down.

"This is the worst place to hide" you said

"They won't see us from where they are" he assured and you laid next to him

"Your mom is gonna freak out you know" you said, turning your head to him

"She's used to me" he laughed

Charlie and you both stayed here in comfortable silence for a few minutes, watching the little illuminated dots in the cloudy night sky.

"I'm glad you're here you know" he said out of nowhere

"What do you mean?"

"You always have my back in that kind of situation, which are very often. I don't know where I'd be without you"

"Of course I do, you're my best friend"

"Only that?" he joked and winked at you. You laughed back and looked back at the sky

"Charlie!" you heard a voice so both he and you sat up and looked behind you.

Charlie's mom was coming toward you and seemed kind of mad

"You might want to run this time" you laughed

"I don't wanna die yet" he smiled and got up.

Charlie quickly kissed your cheek and took off toward his mom. Once there, she sightly slapped his head and they both walked toward the school. He turned around and winked at you with a finger gun.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

a/n I hope you like it, and i hope it was what you wanted <33
i feel like the end is so weird bye-