Chapter Five (Fate)

A/N's POV

"Do you think he'll be fine?"

"It's a matter of 'Them' now. And I think they'll be fine." Mr Min answered. Though his mind wasn't sure of what would happen.

"I don't know anymore." She said closing her eyes. Trying to feel the warmth from the fireplace she was sitting next to.

Mr. Min pressed her shoulders, as a gesture of comfort.

But nothing could ease her down. She was too worried about her son and his marriage.

A knock on their door, made them shriek in reflex. They looked at each other and back at the door. Nothing seemed normal to them anymore.

"Who's there?" Mr. Min hesitantly reached for the door and swung it open.

"Sir, it's me." An old trustworthy man, in his late fifties, who has been serving the Mins for two generations now. He was hoping to serve the third too, but only fate could tell if he really could.

"What is it, Matthew?" Mr Min asked and took his Smoking Dragon from the side table; it was one of the most expensive tobacco pipes in the world. Priced at 85,000 dollars. They were just one of the priceless things he had.

"Mr. Park has arrived. Do you want me to send him here?"

On hearing this, the couple relaxed as they were waiting for. Mr Min looked at Mrs Min across the room, who nodded in acceptance.

Mr Park was the family lawyer. He had won many cases for the Mins and had even brought back millions worth of a land. Hence, they trusted him a lot. Mr. Min was quite confident about the people he chose to employ under him.

"Send him." He said and closed the door.

The couple were quite relieved and were expecting good news since Mr. Park had come.

A couple of minutes later, Mr. Park walked in with a short briefcase in his hand. His face had no expression and the couple weren't' pleased. He cautiously dabbed a handkerchief against his forehead, trying to ease himself down.

Mr. Min quickly held his arm and made him sit.

"What's wrong Mr. Park? Is everything okay?"

"Honey, let him drink some water first." Mrs. Min hurriedly offered a glass of water to the panicked man.

He gulped the water down and looked up to their worried faces He didn't know if what he was about to tell was going to worry them or shock them.

"Mrs. Aera has been found."

It was like time stopped once again. Especially, Mr. Min who was trembling a bit now. It had been almost 20 years or more since he had last seen his sister.

He didn't know if he should be happy that his sister returned or be worried about her having some ulterior motives.