◤𝐑𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰: 𝐇𝐨𝐩𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐥𝐲 𝐃𝐞𝐯𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐓𝐨 𝐇𝐢𝐦◢

Book name: Hopelessly Devoted To Him 

Author: shapoolove

Number of chapters: 16

Reviewer: WRIAMPOO

Plot:

The book revolves around a princess who gets married to two brothers because of their mother's order. However, she loves only one of them which makes it difficult for her to live with her first husband. The book deals with series of events on how their life is affected by their one vow and how Kalyani, the female protagonist manages to keep her love intact amidst all the problems they face.

Positive aspects of the book:

The best thing about the book is that the author has made no attempt to make the characters perfect. The characters make mistakes, do blunders in the entire book which even makes you facepalm. There are hardly any books that portray characters in this way. The author has presented them just like normal humans are - impulsive, overthinkers and also make mistakes. 

The other thing that I would like to appreciate in this book are the author's vocabulary. Though there are many mistakes in that too which I will cover in the next section, the author tries to write good words which doesn't repeat words at most places. The efforts of the author are clear here which is really appreciable. 

Next thing is the pace of the plot. The plot though has many plot holes, the speed of the plot is not to slow and not to fast. Though at places there are many plot holes which will be mentioned further, I feel the author has written which is unnecessary. The book doesn't feel that it is being dragged for no reason. At times the pace wavers a little but it is not much of a problem. 

Hindu mythology contains a similar peculiar marriage where one woman is married to all the brothers but it was interesting to read a similar event but in a fictitious world. This felt like a more human way of dealing with this peculiar situation. The characters cannot get a hold of their emotions which is a very natural human thing. It was fresh to read such an instance.

The switch of POVs is very well written because it enables the readers to look at the story from all three perspectives and see the entire thing from each of their point of views. It enables the reader to feel every character in their own way.

Negative Aspects:

One of the major set backs of the book is lack of explanations about the events and lack of reasons which leaves the readers confused. For example there is no explanation in the book that why one brother was living as the king and the other family members were living in the forest as brahmins. The point that the author doesn't drop hints whether he or she will be explaining this further in the book confuses the readers even more. Even the female protagonist never put forth this question in front of her family.