◤𝐑𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰: 𝐀 𝐁𝐞𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲◢

Name of the book: A Beautiful Story

Author: _Historywriter_

Chapter: 20

Reviewer: Afreen

Plot known till now:

King Janamejaya's ancestor Shantanu, the king of Hastinapura, has a short-lived marriage with the goddess Ganga and has a son, Devavrata (later to be called Bhishma, a great warrior), who becomes the heir apparent. Many years later, when King Shantanu goes hunting, he sees Satyavati, the daughter of the chief of fisherman, and asks her father for her hand. Her father refuses to consent to the marriage unless Shantanu promises to make any future son of Satyavati the king upon his death. To resolve his father's dilemma, Devavrata agrees to relinquish his right to the throne. As the fisherman is not sure about the prince's children honoring the promise, Devavrata also takes a vow of lifelong celibacy to guarantee his father's promise. Shantanu and Satyavati marry and have 2 children - Chitrangada and Vichitravirya. To arrange the marriage of young Vichitravirya, Bhishma attends the swayamvara of the three princesses Amba, Ambika, and Ambalika, uninvited and proceeds to abduct them. Ambika and Ambalika consent to be married to Vichitravirya.

The oldest princess Amba, however, informs Bhishma that she wishes to marry the king of Shalva whom Bhishma defeated at their swayamvara. Bhishma lets her leave to marry the king of Shalva but Shalva refuses to marry her, still smarting at his humiliation at the hands of Bhishma. Amba then returns to marry Bhishma but he refuses due to his vow of celibacy. Amba becomes enraged and becomes Bhishma's bitter enemy, holding him responsible for her plight.  However Both Chitrangad and vichitravirya died without any children, but Veda Vyasa, the son of Satyavati is requested to impregnate Vichitravirya's 2 wives Ambika and Ambalika. On the other side Amba, the lady who lived to envision the Humilition of bhishma as she needed her revenge .

Due to some circumstances Karna and Aditya, the sons of Kunti and Lord Sun got obtained mistakely by Kunti due to her boon, gets adopted by parshuram and Amba becomes their mother.
Slowly eklavya, Ashwatthama and shona also becomes the part of their family and they all when gets adult decides to take the revenge of her mother and like this the plot moves further. Also the story focus on the change to the original epic by this new development and how both amba and karn will gonna forestail the Aryavarth from the inevitable war of Kurushetra in future … . 

Good points:

The plot of the story is refreshing and quite interesting for the people who loves the karna most. Both grammar and vocabulary are at point and it will defenitely amplify the first impression of the book . Also the writing style is quite good and I am sure readers will also gonna like your way of writing very much.The love between brothers is very beautiful, and also it is shown in a way that touches the heart.

The way in which you have tried to make a very beautiful story by putting all the tragic characters of Mahabharata is apreciable. 

By the way, there are very few plot holes in the whole story and I love that you have written your story so well, unless the readers watch it carefully, they will not even have any idea about this plot holes .  The pace of progression of the whole story is good and can be little more better ! Yet the good things of this book hide its shortcomings at many extent.

Overall , A good story which will surely be liked by the people who loves Karna. Many peoples will really like this approach and your effort.

Bad points:

Although there is no any particular thing in the story that people should dislike, but I would definitely like to highlight some thing which seems inconceivable and bad according to me as a reader. While reading the story , it seems as if we are not reading fan fiction related to mahabharat . The story looks likes a karnabharat and many people will not gonna like this thing because the reason they like Mahabharata is the uniqueness and individuality of  every Mahabharata characters. I had already said that the plot holes in the story are very less, but I would love the story more if you can also correct the remaining plot holes. In some places, the story seems very boring, so you should take care that the story does not get boring.  You keep adding new things and twist to the story so that people enjoy reading and their attention is not diverted from it. 

One more thing, It is also very difficult to believe some incidents in the story because they are not properly explained.  Therefore, in such incidents, you would give a little more explanation that can convince readers  to accept that event as a part of story. For example when Guru Drona easily throws out his son Ashwathama because he speaks on against him looks very difficult to accept It's hard to believe because a father can abandoned his child just because he said dad, you did this thing wrong especially when the father is drona , so you should focus a little more on this mistakes

Overall analysis:

This is  definitely a good book for people who like karna but some neutral readers who focus on story and plot may not find anything anything special in it . Still I appreciate your writing style and way of representation of story which is personable enough to pulls attention of most of the people and I hope you will make this story more beautiful in future.