Part 18

You and Taehyung visited a site that was under construction. The engineer was explaining the details. You noticed that Jaymin was making a fuss at the entrance.

"Mr Kim, tell them to send him away", you said. "Y/n Why are you being a coward and hiding?" he shouted. You made your way towards him. "What do you want?" you asked, folding your arms.

"Don't you think that you should pay me?" he said. "Look, Mr Park, the contract is over. It's my company's choice to extend or end the deal", you said.

"Your father promised me something else", he gritted his teeth. "Ask him then, I am not responsible for your dealings", you said.

"Better go away by yourself. Else you will make headlines once again", you smirked. "I am here to make headlines. Because of you, my father despises me. I am losing my position", he said.

"It's not my problem. I already have tons of problems to deal with", you said and turned around to go. The security guards pushed him back. He got into his car.

"Y/N, hope I will never see you again", he raised the gun through the window. "What?" you turned around. "Y/n", Taehyung saw his gun.

He fired the gun. But Taehyung was shot on his shoulder. He shielded you by hugging you. The gunshot echoed in your ears.

Before you could know what happened, Taehyung's body was losing its balance. Jaymin escaped from the scene. You couldn't hold him. His legs wobbled and you sat down holding him.

"Taehyung", you stuttered. "Y/n", he hissed through the pain. You saw your hands were wet with blood. The workers there called for an ambulance.

It was a total mess. Your mind stopped working after seeing the blood. You rocked his body. "Taehyung, don't you dare to close your eyes", you yelled frantically.

He lightly caressed your cheek. "I love you", he mouthed. Tears were spilling from your eyes. "N-no. You can't talk absurd", you looked around.

You removed his coat. Some worker helped you in tying the cloth tightly to prevent blood loss. "Taehyung, look at me. Don't close your eyes", you patted his cheeks.

The ambulance arrived on time. They took him. You didn't know what people were saying. You didn't know how you got into the car or how you reached the hospital.

You were dead inside. The thought of losing him took away your thinking and speaking ability. Jungkook rushed to the hospital.

He saw you sitting like a statue. "Y/n ah", he caught his breath. "What happened?" he sat beside you. "Jaymin", that was all you could say.

Jungkook saw how you were frozen. He hugged you. "He will be okay, right? He will not leave like my mother, right?" you asked. "Nothing will happen to him", he patted your shoulder.

"Y/n, loosen up. If you want to cry, then cry. You are scary", he said. "I will not, till I kill him with my hands", you said.

"Y/n ah, he is on the wanted list. Soon, he will be arrested. We shall deal with the law", he said. "How will I face his mother? What will I say to her? He is there because of me", you said.

"It's not your fault", he said. You shook your head. "I am not good for him. I will kill him one day", you muttered. "After all, I am an evil woman, right?" you looked at him.

He understood your state. You were heavily traumatized but he didn't know whom to focus on first. His mother and sister also came. 

Jungkook took time to comfort them. You couldn't face his mother. It was so hard. Every one of you stood up when the doctor came out of the operation theatre.

"How is he, doctor?" his mother asked him. "He is fine. Thankfully, it was not so serious. He is under sedation. He will wake up soon", he said.

"You all can see him", the doctor said. The police investigation also happened in between. Jungkook asked his mother and sister to visit him. Your mother looked at you.

You were standing behind Jungkook not having the guts to step forward. "I will take her. Please visit him", he said. "Y/n ah", he held your shoulders. "Look at me", he said.

You looked at him. He saw the teenage kid who would come after her father's rant to the school. "It's not your fault. She is not angry", he said. You lowered your lashes again.

He just took you into the hug. He gently caressed the shoulders. "Do me a favour. Compensate him and make sure that he clears his debts", you whispered.

"Do it, even if they don't agree", you said. He accepted. After some time, they came out. His mother was wiping her tears.

You and Jungkook went inside. He was sleeping with an oxygen mask on. You were reminded of your mother. Your memory went back and forth.

Her last moments were the same. Even though he was out of danger, you couldn't handle that. The machines beeping and the smell of the medicines give you nausea.

You wanted to run away from everything. You felt extremely suffocating. Your mother's face was disturbing you.

"y/n are you okay?" Jungkook asked. You couldn't answer your eyes rolled up and everything went blank. You landed in Jungkook's hands.