Part 20

"I have not yet loaded my gun", you took the bullet in your hand. He breathed heavily. You loaded inside. "Y/n" "Y/n." You heard Jungkook's voice. "Y/n, don't do anything to him", he said, entering the room.

"Then, should we leave him?" you asked. "The police are on the way. They will take care of him", he said. "He will comfortably roam outside after paying dirty tricks", you said.

"Y/n ah", Taehyung also ran inside the room. He took a moment to catch his breath. You saw him struggling. "Why did you run? Are you okay?" you cupped his face.

Jungkook took this opportunity and took the gun away. "Don't do this", Taehyung said. "I want him to pay for his sins", you said.

"Y/n ah, then how different are you from him? Don't do that hmm?" he cupped your cheek back. You heard the police sirens. They took you out. "Y/n ah, we may have to face shareholders tomorrow", Jungkook said.

You expected that but, still, anything might happen. You just nodded. The police took Jaymin. "I will take her home, Mr Jeon", Taehyung said. Jungkook agreed.

The car ride was silent. "Why did you lie?" he asked you. "You wouldn't be agreeing", you said. "Why do you want to become a murderer?" he raised his voice.

It was the first time. "I wanted revenge", you said. "What revenge do you have?" he said. You both got out of the car and entered the house.

"Tell me", he said. "For you", you said. "Did I die? Why would you want to kill?" He was cut off by a slap. Your eyes were red. You were controlling your tears.

Your hands were shaking. You couldn't believe yourself. "Can't you see? You are becoming a monster", he said. "I was born a monster", you said. He pulled you into a hug.

"I didn't want you to do something that you would regret. He is trash. Why would you?" he calmed down. He heard your sobs. "If I pulled that trigger years back, my mother would have been alive", you said in between the sobs.

He hugged you tightly. "I didn't want to lose you at any cost", you said. You caressed his cheeks. "Is it painful?" you asked. He too teared up. "No", he replied.

You both cried in each other's embrace. "No matter what happens, promise me that you will not do something like this", he said. You nodded. He kissed. Both of your tears got mixed.

"I love you", he said. "I love you too", you replied. "We should sleep soon. Tomorrow is going to be a long day", he said. You nodded. You freshen up and go to bed. He was already in bed.

"Taehyung", you called. He hummed in response. "Sorry", you said. "For what?" he pulled you closer. "Everything. But, please don't talk like that. I hate the word 'die' a lot", you said.

"I am sorry too", he said. "Good night", you whispered. He hugged you closely. Even though you would roll away from his arms in sleep, he made sure to hug you every night.

The next day~

The shareholders were all gathered. You and Jungkook were seated next to each other. Taehyung, Luna and others were seated a little far from the meeting. They were observing.

Your father's illegal activities were exposed by Jaymin and he was arrested as well. "Do you have something to say, Ms Lee?" One of the board members asked.

"I should have found out about my father's doings earlier but it's partly my fault for not knowing and confronting or making him stand before the law", you said.

"I will accept the decision of you all. Whatever it might be", you said. "It might be chairman but he didn't interfere here after she became the CEO. It grew because of her efficiency", Jungkook sided with you.

"We already have our decisions. Ms Lee you might have to move away from the CEO post if you want us to support the company", they said. Everyone who was observing gasped.

"I accept it", you said without hesitation. "We want Mr Jeon to be in your place", they said. You expected this. He was capable anyway. "No, I can't," you stopped him.

"I have no objections", you said. "Then we have to remove Mr Lee from the chairman position and want Ms Lee to take over completely", they said.

"From when did our board members become this generous", you whispered to Jungkook. He nudged you and everyone was already clapping and welcoming the decisions.

You finally had that victory smile. After the meeting, you said that you want to meet Mr Lee. They took you to prison. As soon as he saw you, his hopes went high.

"I know that you will come. Hire the most efficient lawyers and take me out as soon as possible", he said. You scoffed. "Mr Lee, you are just Mr Lee. You are no more the chairman", you said.

"It's a little sad that I had to remove you like this. But, I feel like I won. Money will not save you every time", you said. "Y/n, I am your father", he shouted.

"So? I couldn't make you suffer for killing my mother. Rot in the jail", you said. "Don't do this to me", he hit the glass panel.

You went out without telling anything. Taehyung was waiting in his car. You joined him. You took a deep breath. "Are you feeling better?" he asked.

You nodded and closed your eyes, resting back. He patted your head. Taehyung received a call. "Is that so? We are on the way", he said. "What is it?" you asked.

"Jungkook is about to propose to Tae Hee. He wants us to help", Taehyung chuckled. "Did he really think that I will help him?" he asked.

Taehyung chuckled knowing you. "Let's go and let me play with him for one last time. After this your sister will be in charge", you said. As your journey began a new life began as well.