Part 19

You opened your eyes with huge difficulty. You sensed that you were in the hospital bed. You abruptly tried to get up. "I don't know who I should worry about? You or me", his voice hitting your ears. You both were admitted to the same room.

You lied back as you didn't have any energy and also because of the IV line. "I was scared to death", you said, tearing up. "I am well and good. In your language, in one piece", he said, smiling.

"Are you joking now?" you asked. He just chuckled. "I thought that when I woke up, you would be by my side peppering my face with kisses and waiting for me to awake.

But it was me who kept looking at your side", he said. "Are you sure that you are alright? Did the bullet take away your sanity?" you asked. A nurse came in to check. "I feel better, can you remove the IV line?" you asked.

She checked your vitals and removed them. Once she left, you sat beside him. "Why did you do that? Why would you take that bullet?" you asked him. "If not me then who will take it?" he asked.

"Thanks for coming back safely", a tear fell from your eyes. He smiled. He wiped your tears. "Can you help me to sit?" he asked. You nodded and adjusted the headboard. "Is it painful?" You asked. He shook his head.

"I thought that I would lose like my mother. I thought you would not come back", you cried. "Hey, I am here, right? That's all it matters now", he squeezed your palms. You heard a knock on the door.

It was your secretaries. Yuna and Luna greeted you. "How are you, Mr Kim?" Luna asked him. After a few minutes, Luna said that Jungkook took care of the office affairs and didn't want you to worry.

"He must be struggling alone. Please take care of him and I will join tomorrow", you said. "Don't worry, Ms Lee", she assured. "By the way, Ms Lee, your father returned", Luna said. "Why? It's sudden", you said.

"Maybe because of-", she hesitantly saw Yuna. Yuna was attentively listening. You saw her phone's light go on and off according to the proximity. You went and snatched her phone. "Ms Lee", she gasped.

"Once a cheater is always a cheater. It's right", you scoffed. "You work for Jaymin", you said, after seeing the caller ID. The call was still connected.

"I will find you and kill you. No matter where you are", you said. "Before that let me see if your company survives. I am going to leak every dirty thing your father has done", he said.

"Oh! Really! Thank you then. I was waiting for that day as well", you ended the call. Another call came in. Your father. "You are really something, aren't you?" you saw her shivering in fear.

You attended the call. "What happened in the hospital? Why are you not reporting me?" he asked. "You hired a double gamer as the spy. Give more money she will give more information", you scoffed.

"Y/n?" You ended the call. "Run wherever you want to. I will keep you behind the bars for contract breach", you smirked. Taehyung didn't say anything this time.

He had nothing to do. Luna was the one who was terrified. You chuckled at her. "Why are you looking like this?" Did you do something?" you asked her.

She shook her head in fear. "Ms Luna, I have always liked your work and professionalism. I know you won't do anything beyond ethics", you smiled. Yuna left the room.

She was not your target. It's Jaymin and your father. You scoffed. "Tell Jungkook that I will be coming in a bit", you sent Luna. "He must be struggling alone. I will visit you later", you said to Taehyung.

He caught your wrist. "Hey, I am here lying down after getting shot. You're going to Jungkook", he said. You sat by his side. "Don't be a baby", you chuckled. "I feel like a baby.

I can't even eat on my own", he pointed to the shoulder, with a cast. Your cook also visited. "Ajumma, how do you know?" you asked her. "Jungkook sent me. I brought food for both of you", she said.

"Mr Kim, get well soon", she gave you the packed food. After she left, "Where are Taehee and your mother?" you asked him. Taehee went with Jungkook. My mom went home briefly", he said. You nodded. You opened the lunch boxes.

"What happened?" he asked. "I couldn't face your mother. I was scared. I didn't even apologize to her", you bit your lip. "She is not upset or angry and she will understand", he said. You fed him.

He was eating well. You playfully stuffed more food in his mouth. Still, he looked adorable with his bread cheeks. Time rolled down. You finally apologized to his mother.

She hugged you and comforted you. Taehyung was resting. He did everything on his own but you didn't allow him to work. You got the lead that Jaymin was on the run and he will take the ship and migrate illegally.

You smirked. You had informers everywhere. Meanwhile, you asked your legal advisors for a way to remove your father from the company without affecting the company's reputation.

Jungkook was busy with that. You went home in the evening, while Taehyung was watching TV. You didn't expect him. You didn't want your plan to be leaked. "Hey, you came", he engulfed you in the hug.

"How bad? I have to attend a dinner", you pouted. "Let me come with you", he said. You shook your head. "I will come back but, if you want, you can go home", you said.

"I will wait for you", he kissed your nose. "Why did you come home? If you want to attend the dinner", he asked. "I left the files in the home, which are supposed to be transferred", you said.

"Which files?" he asked. "Mr Kim, please remember that you are on a break", you pressed his forehead with your forefinger. "I just can't help it", he giggled. You also giggled with him.

You carefully opened your cupboard. You took some files and took the gun. You hid well in your dress. "Jaymin, I also know to pull the gun's trigger", you smirked.

You bid farewell to Taehyung. You were driving yourself towards Jaymin's hideout. Some of your men caught him. He was tied up. "How are you, Park? I heard that you are going to escape", you chuckled. He scoffed at you. You pulled the gun out.

"How about tit for tat?" you asked. "Lee Y/n, don't do this", he said. "Why? You did it to me. You did it to the love of my life", you smirked.

Meanwhile, Jungkook also got information about Park. "What do you mean Y/n already knows?" he was shocked. "I don't want her to do something stupid", he dialled Taehyung.

Both of them rushed to the spot. You kept the gun to his head. "Where should I shoot you? Head, mouth or something below", you smirked.

He was shivering under you. You remembered how Taehyung shielded you and his "I love you" at the end. You pulled the trigger.