Chapter 2

Author's note:  I forgot to add a short note before chapter one. But to those who read this, I'll warn you that a part of this short story is dark and shows a bit of how gruesome it is back in feudal era. If you don't want those type of stories, don't continue.

Read at your own risk.

****

"That... Urgh!" Shoyo, anger drawn on his face, stomped his way out of the Emperor's estate.

"Son, you don't even said a proper good-"

"I don't give any concern about that. My concern here is that I never felt so humiliated. Not until now!"

"Son. I know myself that you won't ever yield anyway. And I apologize to say this but, there's no way you could win in that fight. With your attitude, you'll end up..."

"Dead? I don't care ending up dead, Father! If it doesn't end up me humiliating are name!"

"Well then I apologize for what I have done, Young Lord."

Shoyo stopped his tracks and looked back. He saw the Wakatoshi, bowing his head down. "I don't mean to humiliate you or to deny your honor as a fighter. Accept my deepest apologies.

"What does it change anyway? What's done is already done. Stand up straight and leave us alone."

Shoyo rushed out and walked away. His father acknowledged Wakatoshi and apologized for Shoyo's behavior then came next.

"Even after I apologized, he is still mad."

"Well, My lord, I believe that Lord Shoyo really felt bad after what happened inside. Let's just hope he'll forgive you soo-"

Tendou was cut off when Wakatoshi's father spoke "What's use of apologizing, my son. I should have been mad after you admit defeat when clearly you have the upper hand. But seeing how humiliated that kid is, I felt so elated." He said followed by a laugh.

"I have nothing to do with your grudge against the Lord of the Hinata's, father. So I believe that I should act at least civil to their heir" Wakatoshi said in a blank face then moved on to go home by himself

Tendou bowed and left, walking behind Wakatoshi. Utsui clenched his fist "Stubborn as your mother." Then he go back inside to mingle with the other Daimyos.

***

The next morning, Wakatoshi decided to walk around for fresh air after eating his breakfast. He greeted everyone with a straight face that made their servants wonder why their young lord is so stoic.

Wakatoshi didn't realized how far gas he been walking until he heard a familiar voice.

"How many times should I have to tell you to stop holding Swords, Natsu!"

Wakatoshi hid himself in a bush. Not that he's afraid to be caught. But he felt like he couldn't face Shoyo for what happened the last night.

"But, Shoyo-nii, I wanted to learn to use them. You know, just in case."

"Even though I want you to learn to use sword, you're still to young to hold one. I can't afford you to accidentally injure yourself. Imagine how devastated Mother would be!"

"But-"

"Here. I'll let you use a wooden stick. Not an actual sword. You'll be doing some basic fighting stance first, understood?"