Chapter 5

A/N: I don't want to antagonize any character of Haikyu. But I have to do this for the plot. So I'm sorry for those who had a favorite on this character.

****

Shoyo stared in the cell bars silently. He has to be brave and strong for his sister. But will it be worth to do when he knows he'll die soon anyway?

His mother's attempt to be strong for him and his sister. But still ends up executed in front of them. What is the sense of fighting his fate anymore? What is the sense of keeping strong face when in the end of it all, he'll still die in his sister's face.

So when Wakatoshi sneaks on the cells, he didn't get to talk to his lover at all until he's forced to go away. It pained him that the once Strong and levelheaded Shoyo became so hopeless as if he's already giving up.

But Wakatoshi doesn't plan to. He's thinking hundreds of ways to save Shoyo, including him fighting off the guards and make Shoyo escape.

But there's still one more thing he should wait. He still doesn't hear anything from the Emperor. And ut still not yet the day of Shoyo's execution. Until then, he still have time and things to plan.

***

"I don't know anything about it, Your Highness. I found the letter in the Lord Hinata's desk that night. Thats all I know, Your Highness."

Tobio reads the guard's face. And he clearly know he's lying.

"Well then, if that's the case... Will you prove your honesty by drinking this cup of sakw for me?"

The guard nods and moved forward. But something tells the guard not to but he shrug it off thinking that he's drinking at the same cup as the Emperor.

As the guard drank, he felt a sting on his chest. And then he felt dizzy and weak. The guard looked confused at the Emperor when the latter smirks.

"I don't know that a guard like you could be so gullible. You see... The cup you had drank the sake on is poisoned, making you weak by each second passes until it kills you after five minutes."

"B-but your h-ighne..."

"Oh you're thinking how did I do that. To make the explanation short, It's oil based one that I put on the side where you'll sip on. Which is the opposite one of where I did sip on. So I won't be poisoned unless I drink on the same side as yours" Tobio smirks evilly while  tossing the poisoned cup.

Tobio stood and unsheathes his sword, pointing at the neck of the struggling guard "So I'll give you three and a half minutes to confess. Unless you want me to slash your neck with my sword if I get impatient."

The guard never felt fear on his life until he see this side of the Emperor. Shaking and gasping, he slowly told the truth.

After the guard finally confessed, Tobio sighed and showed the bottle of antidote to the guard, but decided to toss it away and slashed the guards's head off.

"Clean this mess up! The sight of this man disgusts me! Bring Young Lord Shoyo and Lady Natsu out of their cells, then summon the Prime Minister along them on the courtyard right now!"

"Understood, Your Highness!"

***

Wakatoshi heard a commotion right before he decided to go to bed. He also heard the his lover and his lover's sister has been summoned to the courtyard.