new reality

S t e l l a

Slowly opening my eyes, I notice that I am once more in the same dream I've been having. My chest is heavy and I honestly don't know what to feel.

Remembering the last scenes before my blackout and now this. I somehow had a feeling that there was a connection.

And then I felt something cold over my head causing me to open my eyes. Opening them, I see the beautiful goddess once more.

I don't know how I knew what she was, I just knew. It was such a strong feeling, it was so persistent.

"Who are you?" I ask her, rather indignantly.

I'm so tired of living in a puzzle. I feel like everyone around me knows what is going on, but me. I'm so tired of always living in the dark.

She was going to put her hand over my forehead again when I slapped it away and sat up.

That's when I notice a white wolf seated right beside her, watching me intently. She growled when I slapped her master's hand my courage diminished.

What does that wolf know of my life? Nothing. How dare it growl at me.

"You already know who I am, Eli."

"No, I don't know who you are. And my name is not Eli."

She tried to smile and nodded. "Right, you're Stella, my warrior. You must hate me, don't you? But please know that I tried my best to protect you."

At this point, she was simply speaking riddles and I couldn't care less to listen anymore.

"Look, I know that this is just a dream. And whoever you are that's messing with me, I beg you, stop it. Twenty three years is enough don't you think? Let me live my life."

With those words, I saw the sad expression in her eyes and I felt hurt too. But nothing made sense right now.

Werewolves? Goddesses?

What's next? Vampires? Frankenstein?

And what am I doing in the midst of this fantastic world? My life was messy enough and now to add this! Great, just great.

"Oh, El-- Stella. I wish you all the best, please understand that. But this will do for now. I will send you back, just be patient. You will be getting all the answers to your questions soon."

After saying that, she held my wrist and tightly at that. Her hold was cold and just as I was about to complain, my vision blackened and I awoke in another.

"She's awake, she's awake!" a girl's voice cried out happily. It was my first time hearing the voice, but after hers, I heard others which made me suspect that there were other people in the room.

"Hazel, you have to calm down. You're going to scare her." a guy's voice warned and put his hand on her shoulder.

I opened my eyes, slowly adjusting them to the light. And that's when I saw a group of people around me.

My eyebrows were definitely crumpled up as I tried to understand what is happening around me.

Just-- what is going--

Cassian.

He stared down on me and had a look of relief washed over him. He looked disheveled and stressed, but he smiled quickly when he saw me looking.

There was Ruth and three other girls with some other guys in the room. It was my first time seeing these people and I'm pretty sure that I do not know them.