lost in the woods

S t e l l a

I was walking along a wooden bridge. The water below seemed to glow and it was overflowed with water lilies.

My attention was stolen when dozens of blue monarch butterflies pass in front of me as if they were playing tag with each other.

The place was quiet, peaceful and calming. As if there were no troubles here, nothing but an endless calm.

But where is this? Why am I here?

If I remember right, a car hit me. So is this heaven?

"Elpída, you're here." someone says behind me. I turn around quickly and see a woman.

She was stunningly beautiful, her skin was pale and it was as if... it was glowing, like everything else in this place. Her eyes were dark, but the lower part of them was weird and I quickly recognized it.

It was the reason I was called names in my town. It's because there were times when my eyes would have a lying-down-crescent and they glowed. 

It scared everyone, it made everyone think that I was a monster, plus the fact that they didn't know where I came from. 

"Your eyes..." I start, questions racing in my mind and somehow, I knew that she had the answers.

She smiled, almost a sad one as she looked away watching the fishes jumping down the wooden bridge.

"Yes, you must've had a lot of trouble because of them, I apologize. But now you're where you should be, just a little bit more, brave warrior, just a little bit more." she says.

My eyes opened, the shock and pressure that I felt made me gasp for air. Wooden ceiling greeted my sight and outside, tall trees were swaying with the wind and the the sky was already pitch dark.

The first few moments was a realization that I was still alive but when I realized that I was lying down a bed that's when I fully remembered what happened.

I wasn't hit by a car, but there were a few people who saw me in the road.

There was an IV fluid connected onto me and the room looked like a private room. Oh goodness, just thinking about the bill of the hospital would be enough to knock me off unconscious again.

I quickly made a decision and sat up on the bed. I took off the fluid connected onto me and noticed that I was changed into a clinic gown. My bruises were healed and they almost looked nonexistent. Well, I always healed from them fast anyways.

I'm thankful to whoever saved me and I would repay them one day, but just thinking about the costs and how I don't have the money right now, I have to get out.

I felt weak, but I had enough strength to keep walking.

There was no one around, the surrounding was very quiet and I deduced that it must be late already. What was strange in the room was that there were no monitors or anything from a normal modern hospital room.

I opened the door and took a peek outside, no one was there. The lights at the hallway were turned off and the only light that was there came from the moon above that shone through the windows.

I left the room and started walking around trying to find an exit.

There were no nurses around, it almost seemed like there was no one around. Finally, I arrived at a place where it seems like a reception area. The lights were on but the seats were empty and there were a few screens and many paperwork around.