C H A P T E R | O N E

The school was so tall it almost reached the sky, the tips of each tower reached even higher. It was a red brick colour only, and each window frame and door was a dark wood colour.

Emery had her suitcase rolling right over the cement, it glided smoothly as she started up the steps, the many steps to the front door of the Academy.

A tall lady stood there, her hands clasped right in front of her and a soft smile gracing her features, this was the Headmistress. She didn't offer a hand when Emery made it up the stairs, huffing loudly in effort and turned swiftly to open the doors. They blew open easily and showcased a hall with more steps at the end of it. It was a never ended series of steps, pillars where rose along the walls and in each of the spaces between the pillars held a single door, each closed with voices from the cracks underneath.

The Headmistress stayed a few feet ahead, not bothering to turn around to see Emery struggling to keep up, and swept her dress and body up the stairs.

"Welcome to St.Delphines school for girls" she said harmoniously and stopped at the first landing, two different set of stairs leading to different sides of the school "we don't usually offer a place for scholarship students" it was a dig right at Emery who straightened her spine and struggled to keep up.

She took the staircase to the right, the bottom of her dress sweeping across the glimmering flooring, whoever cleaned this place needed a serious raise for how well kept everything was. This side of the staircase had the last 13 letter of the alphabet in each hallway, Emery's room was in the last Hallway, Hallway Z. There were few doors here, only a total number of three and her room was the last door, the one against the furthest wall.

Not showing her discontent to being stuck in the furthest room she pulled her shoulders back and followed the Headmistress right into the room. In the room there was a total number of 3 doors, one leading to the bedroom, and two leading to separate bathrooms, 6 people where supposed to share a room but she came late in the year and got one to herself.

The Headmistress finally halted at the middle door and opened it to reveal six beds, six big beds that where all a good distance away from each other.

"Now" she said clapping her hands and startling Emery "you do not have anybody to share the room with because of your late start to our school year, but I will not stand for any lazing around or messes made."

Emery gave a shake to her head and tried to enter the room, being halted by a long arm "there are rules you must learn" and a large book was dropped into her unsuspecting hand. It teetered and then collapsed to the floor with a bang, flinching Emery looked up to see the Headmistress glaring at her with a narrowed gaze "you will treat it like a person."

Quickly leaning down she grasped it and placing it on top of her suitcase where it would not fall. The hand blocking her pulled away hastily and she took that chance to skirt inside the room ans leave her suitcases in front of one of the beds. The Headmistress followed inside and lifted her nose at the dismissed suitcase "you will be starting tomorrow, your classes will be slid through the mail slot into that" she pointed out of the room and to a black metal box used for delivering letters "you will get unannounced alerts about room cleans so this room will stay as it is right now, minus their stray suitcase."

She went on to talk about putting clothes away and placing your dirty uniforms and clothes into a waste basket in the closet that will get cleaned weekly and given back in mint condition, Emery also got told that she could keep any big belonging either under her bed or in the space given in the closet. The Headmistress showed her which drawers belongs to which clothes, the top drawers belonged to her uniforms, the second belonged to under garments and the third was for everyday clothes that she brought. There was a tiny drawer next to the uniform drawer that was meant for her school ties and socks.

Emery just nodded whenever she was told something she already knew, like her bed had to be made everyday and just because she had a room all to herself didn't mean she could sleep in different beds everyday, she was to stay in one singular bed and leave the rest alone. And every Monday she would have to strip her bed and put it down the shoot to be cleaned, she did not want to have to make every bed all the time so she was going to stick with one.

Her 'dresser' was at the end of the bed with each school book lined up perfectly on top, book stops keeping them from toppling over, they were all the same height and in perfect condition. She was told not to ruin them or she'd have to pay.

After she was told everything, the Headmistress just sighed in annoyance and turned to leave, stopping for two people who bustled inside waiting for them to bow. The two people where each holding three different sets of uniforms.

Six shirts, three ties, 10 sets of socks, 3 skirt, 4 pants and 3 shorts. With it was also a black belt, and theee shoes. One set of pump, one pair of running shoes and two slippers. In one of their hands was a swim uniform, originally it was supposed to be a one piece, it showed on their website, but this was a very revealing 2 piece. And the other had a gym uniform, consisting of one half shirt, and shorts that where cut off halfway down the thigh.

Before Emery could speak up about the revealing wear, the Headmistress left the room and shut the door behind her leaving her with the two people who placed all the clothes in her hand and left swiftly.

The clothes where stacked very unevenly and all toppled down when the door was slammed behind the maids.

Huffing with dismay, Emery scooped them up with her hands and entered the bedroom, only to discard them onto the bed very messily, ignoring the rule and set to work unpacking her suitcase, arranging it in her own way, like hanging up her from home shirts to keep them from wrinkling and kept barriers between each different type of clothing.

She brought her own shoes with her and placed them half under the dresser, alongside the ones she got from the school.

Whatever this school was like, she wasn't so sure she would thank her father for sending her here, because this place was a whole lot different from the brochures.