misplaced focus

disclaimer: i don't own Avatar: the Last Airbender

A/N:

1) review replies at the end! if you've left one before, there's a chance you're mentioned!

2) thank you to cactusjuice5 for agreeing to be my temporary editor! literally the best one i've had after years of writing. your attention to detail and great skill in writing allow this fic to be as good as it is; you will no doubt be a large contributor to dlm's success. always anxiously waiting for you to write something of your own<3

3) long wait / /long chapter. enjoy~

TW: murder. the section containing said description has a line of bolded equal signs before and after. keep an eye out for those if you want to skip.

--------------------

don't leave (me)

chapter 7: misplaced focus

--------------------

"You can't kill her... but a little bodily harm never hurt anyone."

Ferelo listened to his leader's instructions with excitement brewing in his gut. He was going to test the Kyoshi Warrior.

"Observe her every step, her every move. She can be tricky, but I'm sure it's no match for you, Ferelo."

"Of course, Sir," Ferelo replied with a small nod. He wasn't showing his glee at the thought of beating the girl known as Suki, but, oh boy, was he feeling it.

"You may leave."

Ferelo bowed and left the room, leaving only two men to stand together.

"I hate that man," Myang said with a hint of disgust.

"With all the ego-boosting you give him, I'd have never known," Yo Ter replied.

"Oh, please. You know as well as I do that's the only way I can get him to do anything."

Myang and Yo Ter, leader and second-in-command of the New Ozai Society, stood proudly in one of the many meeting rooms the NOS had ready to use.

"We're so close, Yo Ter," Myang said with a smile. "This Kyoshi girl is the only one we don't have a sufficient amount of information on. Once Ferelo's done testing her, we'll be ready to begin taking out Team Avatar."

"Starting with the earthbender?" Yo Ter asked.

"Yes."

"Why is that, exactly?" Truthfully, Yo Ter probably already knew why - or maybe he didn't. He was the only other member of the NOS, alongside Myang, who didn't have a known background. His mood was always an indifferent one, and he worked according to those he was around.

"If we take the waterbender now, it will only serve to destabilize our project. The whole Avatar group is a nuisance, but the rest of them think they're okay for now. They all already know that the girl is vulnerable and useless. Taking her is what they'd expect us to do.

"Not to mention, the earthbender will be able to detect anyone we send in to infiltrate the palace. She can sense us coming, and sense us there. Taking her first is what I've decided to do."

"Right. How are things with our contact?"

"Good. They'll be breaking Azula out of prison tonight as their test."

"Mm. Will we be learning their identity?"

Myang turned his sharp gaze to Yo Ter. "You should know better than to ask such a question."