Chapter 3: Surrender

A man and woman sat in their living room, waiting for their son to leave the bathroom. He said he had a surprise for them when they got home and told them to wait in the living room.

The man had spikey black hair, his eyes were a bright hazel, he had a light tan on his skin from working out in the sun most days, and he wore a black short-sleeved shirt with a pair of dark gray jeans and a pair of brown boots. This was Walter Walker, the man who had adopted Lincoln.

Meanwhile, the woman, who was a Korean-American had long brown hair that was pulled back into a braided ponytail, her eyes were a dark blue, she wore a red tank-top, a pair of loose light blue jean shorts, thigh-high light brown heeled boots, and had a few tattoos of Asian culture on her arms, and a few that led to her back. This was Tasha Fisher, Walters at the time Fiancee.

"Are you ready?" Came the voice of their son from the bathroom

"Lincoln, come on, we've been sitting here waiting!" Tasha cried with excitement "we can't wait anymore!"

"Alright..."

From the bathroom, the door opened and out walked their son, who turned out to be a 13-year-old Lincoln Loud, though there was one change about him, one that surprised and shocked the two adults.

"Lincoln... Your hair..." Tasha said in shock

No longer was his hair white, instead, it was now dyed black. Lincoln looked bashfully at the two adults

"Is... Is it bad?" Lincoln asked shyly

"No," Said Walter, "I think it's great"

Walter then rushed up to Lincoln and pulled him into a hug, Lincoln was stunned by his action but then he felt another pair of arms wrapped around him and he saw that it was Tasha.

"I know it must have been hard Lincoln... And it's ok, it's ok to let go" Walter said softly "It's ok"

"Don't feel ashamed about this Lincoln" Tasha said softly "we understand"

It was at this point that Lincoln could no longer hold it in, he quickly wrapped his hand around them and hugged them back tightly as he softly cried into their chests.

Now, back in the present, Lincoln drove to his family's house, thinking it was the only safe place in the world right now. He drove away from his apartment and from the bigger part of the city, he drove as if he was running from the cops.

Eventually, after driving like a mad man he made an abrupt stop in front of a house within the suburbs. He got out of the car quickly and he looked to see that the lights were still on, he thanked whatever god or supernatural force that his parents were still up and he walked up to the front door and knocked hard on the door. He waited only a few seconds before the door opened quickly and His dad, Walter, looked at him with a surprised face.

"Lincoln? Do you have any idea what time it is?" Walter asked

"I know it's late but... Could I come in?" Lincoln asked, his tone sounded Shakey

Walter looked at his son with concern, "Is everything ok Linc?" Walter asked

"I just... I just really need to talk to you guys right now" Lincoln said, his tone sounding a lot more shakey

Inside the Walker household, Walter handed a bottle of beer to Lincoln as he say in the living room. Lincoln was sitting in a recliner while Walter sat on the couch