Chapter Eight

Y/N looked down at Jhené as she slept. She was upset that she was leaving today, but she was also really excited for her. She didn't want Jhené living in Slauson anymore. It was dangerous and Jhené was too precious to have anything happen to her. She'd go down trying to protect her before anything ever happened to her. She only had one more year before she graduated and she would be able to move to LA and be with Jhené.

"Why are you just staring at me?" Jhené groans as she stretches. "You leave today so I am trying to memorize all of your features." Y/N responds. Her hand still caressing Jhené's cheek, a small smile on her face. "You're acting like we're never gonna see each other again." Jhené chuckles. "It feels that way. Lets brush our teeth so I can kiss you." Y/N climbs off the bed and waits for Jhené.

Y/N wrapped her arms around Jhené tightly and buried her face into her neck. She sniffled and tried stopping herself from crying. "It's gonna be okay baby. I will see you in two months." Jhené sighed out. Her eyes tearing up and her bottom lip going between her teeth. "That's too long" Y/N's voice cracking. Jamila cleared her throat and looked around, not wanting to admit they were cute together. "I seen that." Christina whispers to her daughter. "I have allergies." Jamila sniffled. She didn't hate Y/N, just liked annoying her.

"We gotta go baby." Christina hated breaking up the couple, but they were running behind on time. Y/N tightened her hold and Jhené giggled. "Look at me" Jhené whispered. Y/N lifted her head and looked at her girlfriend. "I love you and I promise I will call you everyday. Your mom is giving you your phone in a couple of days so you can call me. Two months and we're together. We got this. We're Y/N/N and Né and nothing can come between us." Jhené smiled before pecking Y/N's lips multiple times.

"I love you too." Y/N mumbled. "Don't be sad.'ll call you when we get there. I love you so much." Jhené spoke softly. "I love you more." Y/N speaks. "Talk to your mom before you get mad at her about your dad. Let her explain her side and you can choose to believe her or not." Jhené kissed Y/N once more before climbing into the car. She rolled her window down and Y/N made her way towards her and leaned down. "I love you" Jhené mumbled before pressing her lips against Y/N's again. "We get it! Lets go!" Jamila groaned. "You always gotta ruin the moment don't you frog? turn your head and croak that way." Y/N groaned. Jhené and her family laughed and Jamila just flipped Y/N off.

Y/N pulled back and watched as they slowly pulled off. "I love you!" Y/N yelled as they drove further away. "I love you too!" Jhené stuck her head out the window and waved at Y/N. Y/N looked down and sighed. Her heart hurting and she felt like she couldn't breathe. "Fuck" Y/N grunted as she grabbed her chest and climbed into her car. She laid her head on her steering wheel and let the tears fall. "This sucks" Y/N's voice cracking as she started her car and made her way home.

She walked into her house and her mom was already sitting there. She stood up and looked at Y/N with a sad smile. "Come here" She opened her arms and Y/N walked into her arms. She finally let herself break down. "It hurts mom" Y/N sobbed. "I know. It's going to continue to hurt but you gotta remember that she's doing something she loves." Y/N's mom tells her. "She loves me but she's not doing me." Y/N joked. "Watch yourself." Neveah tells her daughter.

"What am I gonna do without her mom? She's gone. I won't be able to see her every day anymore. I won't be able to see her until school is out but that's so far away. She's gone, Max is gone, you lied to me about my dad, and I'm alone." Y/N ranted. "What do you want to know about your dad?" Neveah questioned. She wasn't going to lie to her about her dad anymore.

"What's his name?" Y/N questioned. "Paul" she sighed. "Paul!? What in the white name... He's a police chief here. Did you know that?" Y/N asked. "I've known for some time now. He's been trying to get in contact with you, but I didn't think you were ready to know." Neveah spoke softly. "You didn't think I was ready or you weren't ready? My dad wants to know me and you didn't give him or me a chance to meet. That hurts mom. I've always wondered why he didn't want me and he's wanted to be in my life for some time now. His officers stopped me and let me go because I am the chiefs kid. I found out about my dad by some cops and not my mom!" Y/N's sadness fully gone and replaced by anger.

"It was selfish of me to keep that from you but he wasn't always a good man. He cheated all the time and neglected us when we were struggling. When I finally got promoted, I left, and moved around to keep him from finding us. Any chance he could, he would tell me that he was gonna have his cop friends take me away from you, and he would take you from me. I went to court and got custody with proof that he was abusive and didn't care for you. He would tell me all the time that you weren't his. That I was just some two cent whore that got pregnant and that nobody would love me because I had a bastard child. I didn't need you growing up with a man like that. I took on both roles to protect you from him." Neveah sighed out.

"I wasn't and still not ready but if you are, I can't stop you. He's your father and you have a right to know him. He's changed and has a family of his own now. He talks about you meeting his wife and daughter. He's apologized multiple times about the past and just wants the chance to apologize to you and make it up to you." Y/N looks down as she plays with her fingers.

"I'll need time but I can't be mad at you for protecting us. I'm sorry mom. Jhené old me to hear you out before I got mad." Y/N sighed. "Jhené only wants what's best for you. You have a right to your feelings. I don't want you thinking you can't come to me about how you're feeling. I'm your mom. I'm always gonna be here for you." Neveah pulls Y/N into a hug and kisses the top of her head.

"Can I be homeschooled? I can graduate early and I can see Jhené more. It'll help me emotionally and physically... Emphasis on Physically." Y/N screeched as her mom smacked her head and pulled her hair. "Quit playing and I'll think about it." Y/N smiled widely before leaving and going to her room.

"Two months. I just gotta make it through two months."