Chapter Eighteen

Paul Walker is the papi (RIP to the goat!)

"Hey kid" Y/N ignored her sperm donor as she slid under her car and started the oil changing process on her car. "You hear me?" Paul asks as he pulled her from under the car. Once he saw her face his face filled with anger. "Who did this to you?" He asked. "You did. You had to stalk me and had to call the cops on some of the guys I was hanging with and you got me jumped. You did this." Y/N pushed Paul as she stood up and waited for the oil pan to empty before she pulled the oil filter off.

"It wasn't my intention to have you jumped. I thought I was protecting you from living that life. Your mom works too hard for you to be selling that shit on the streets. It's also my job to keep it off the streets so I did what any parent and/or cop would do. I'm sorry that this happened but now you're closer to me and you are closer to your girlfriend so was it that bad that I called the cops?" Paul questions. 

"YES! Now my whole block is gonna think I'm a fucking snitch and they'll put a hit on my head! JJ was the closest thing I had to a older brother! He thinks I ratted him out and now he hates me! Because of you! My life was good until you decided to pop up. You were never in my life before. Why make it complicated now? I'm almost 18 years old and lived those years without you. Why would I need you now?" Y/N pushes Paul again but he stops her by pushing her hands off of him. 

"I'm sorry that I wasn't around when you were growing up. I needed to grow up myself but I'm here now trying to right my wrongs. I fucked up with your mother and you but I'm trying here. Give me a little credit for trying please. Every day I thought about you and hoped you were doing good and that your mom was doing great after she left me. I was stupid and young- younger than you- when she got pregnant. I was still a boy trying to learn to live in a world without a dad myself. I fucked up and all I can do is try make up for it." Paul expresses. 

"You should have learned from your dad's mistake." Y/N mumbles before turning away from Paul and resuming what she was doing. "How can I make this up to you? I never meant to get you hurt or anyone else involved hurt. I just was thinking like a dad and wanted to remove a dangerous situation from you. I thought I was doing the right thing by you." Paul sighs as he rubs the back of his neck sadly. 

"There's nothing that can be done. The damage is already done literally. My girl was almost hurt because of me and that's what hurt the most. It wasn't the broken ribs, or the fractured hip, or the bruises on my face... It was my girl jumping on top of me to protect me because of the situation you put me in. That's what hurt me the most. I know you were just looking out for me but my girl watched me get my ass kicked and that humiliation alone hurts me. I looked like a bitch in front of her because she had to protect me and not the other way around. I don't ever wanna feel that pain again." Y/N feels her chest tighten as she thought about the situation. 

"Have you talked to her about that? You know that she loves you and would do anything for you and you would do just as much for her in return. I don't think she looks at you differently for what happened at all. I've never met her but the way you talk about her doesn't sound like she's one to look down on you when you're in that type of situation. You are lucky to have found someone that would rock with you like that. I had a love like that and I blew it so don't be like me and take advantage of her." Paul pats Y/N's back. 

"I'd never take advantage of her. She could do better than me for sure but she likes to say that I'm top tier and nobody can do better than me. I don't believe her so that's why I try so hard to find new things for us to do or talk and communicate with her, or even just do anything she wants to do. I just want to make sure that she doesn't leave me because that would break me no doubt-" Y/N chuckles before continuing. "I have this saying that I do when she calls herself ugly or asks if she looks good. She always looks amazing to me but she doesn't believe me. She gets all shy and giggly when I tell her my saying. It's what I've been saying since middle school." Y/N smiles at the memories flashing through her eyes when she thinks back to when her, Maxwell and Jhené used to hang out. 

"What was that saying if you don't mind me asking." Paul questions as he smiles at Y/N. His full attention on her as she talks about her girlfriend. (Gif Above) "Any time I called her beautiful she'd say, 'You say that every day. I can't be beautiful every day.' so I would respond with, 'Fine. You're beautiful every other day and gorgeous the rest.' and she'd get all shy and I loved it." Y/N's face heating up in embarrassment. Some people might find it cringey but Y/N loved romance. 

"You got game dawg" Paul daps Y/N up as they laughed together. "Now what else we doing on the car? I've got all day and I'd love to spend time bonding and getting to know you more." Paul smiles...

+__________________________________+

Jhené and Y/N will be together next chapter! Sorry if the last two were boring. I just wanted Y/N and Jhené to have some time apart and you guys can see behind the scenes when they're not together! Hope you guys enjoyed and let me know what y'all wanna see next.