Chapter 27: Home

Third Person POV:

The low humming of voices echoed off the walls as a stormy gray boat glided down the white waters.

No one had ever seen the flow of the river be so peaceful, almost as if it was being guided by a greater power.

The girl in the boat sat up carefully, so that she would not tip the boat into the waters that would surely consume her if she fell.

She got out, navigating her way through the Underworld, almost as if she had been there before, which of course, she had, but unlike the other times, this time she would not leave.

Her face broke into a grin as she embraced a young, dark haired girl, who could hardly have been more than twelve.

The almost melodic sound of voices was growing louder, like the rhythmic wash of waves, her gray eyes lighting up as she caught sight of acquaintances, friends she used to know, family.

Blonde curls waved in a rare breeze, the branches of the trees swaying as if to welcome this girl, to acknowledge her presence.

And if anyone close to her was watching her closely, they would have noticed her small wave to the Upside, her lips parting to whisper words that would only be heard by the one she meant it to reach.

The gray eyed girl was happy, finally at peace for the first time she could ever remember.

She ran off, following the crowd of thousands that escorted her to the end of the End, and the beginning of the End.

Home.

A/N: it was literally so hard to write this chapter, but hey, you get an early update because I've pretty much finished the book and have nothing left to do