fIvE🕊️

I couldn't find the chapter I posted so I had to rewrite another chapter five, it's almost the same as the last one but please if you're here again, just take a second to vote thanks😊

Anna,

I REMAINED IN MY CAR WHEN I GOT HOME contemplating whether to go in or not. My dad loved me that I knew but him telling me to get married everytime we talked was getting too much.

Marriage.

What was so special about marriage? I believed I could never fall in love with any man again so how exactly was I supposed to get married?

I grabbed my bag and finally walked in. I was surprised to find everyone in the living room watching TV.

"Mummy is back!" Star exclaimed giving me a hug. I carried her and gave her a kiss on her cheek before sitting down on the only empty couch placing her on my laps.

"What are you still doing awake, it's past your bedtime."

"Ahan let her be. It's not like it's a school night."Mum chipped in.

"Come let me brush your teeth and put you to bed." I stood up ignoring my dad who kept staring at me.

When I was done brushing her teeth, I tucked her In bed.

"Goodnight baby."

"Goodnight mummy." She whispered sleepily with her eyes close.

I switched off the light and gently closed the door, then returned to the parlor.

"Jeffery wake Jasmine up you guys should go to bed."

Jasmine eyes flew open"I'm not sleeping."

I laughed,"Indeed."

"Auntie why is Lagos boring like this? There was barely anybody in your estate when we came. I swear Abuja is better."

"Lagos is not boring o, we're staying in the big man area that's why. Thank God we have a few weeks to stay here. Enough time to explore." Jeffery smirked and Jasmine winked at him.

"Explore what? See let your legs not pass the gate till we leave here!" My Dad shouted and I frowned.

"Ahan Daddy. Let them be, which one is let their legs not pass gate. As if they are little kids." I said coming to their aid and I got a hard stare in return.

"You guys should not go anywhere please. This is a new place where do you know?" Aunty Rachel asked with her eyes fixed on the TV.

"Don't worry I'll take you guys out next week." I said and my siblings jumped with joy.

Half and hour later everyone went to bed leaving just me in the living room. I went to the kitchen, poured myself a glass of juice with pringles and went back to the parlor to watch my twelve o clock programme.

I reduced the volume and I laid on the three sitter couch. My eyes were on the Television but my mind wasn't. I was thinking of how I'd live through two weeks of my dad's constants nagging.

I didn't know when I slept off only waking up two hours later when I became uncomfortable. I switched off the electronics and finally went to bed.