eIgHt🕊

Don't forget to vote and comment, T for thanks, lol I'm sorry go ahead.

Timi,

"Daniella." I whispered.

"Timi." She replied as she opened the door fully with a smile on her face.One which I wanted to wipe off with my palms, "what the fuck are you doing here? After how many years you have the guts to just show up out of the blues!" I burst out with anger.

"Timi I'm really sorry. If you'd just give me a chance to explain everything, I–"

I shook my head, " I don't want to hear anything from your mouth. "Where's mom?" I walked in the house and I saw my mom in the parkour sitting on the couch closest to the window. I studied her for a moment. She wasn't looking as good as I had expected, it had been a few years that I saw her but I didn't expect her  to be looking old, older then her age. I felt a pang of guilt for staying away from her all these years but the feeling for immediately replaced with anger when I remembered the pain she caused me.

"I really hope you didn't call me here because of Daniella."

My mom stood up, " Timi will you please be calm for a minute and let us talk."

" What are we going to talk about?" I sighed and took the sit farthest from my mom and Dani also sat down.

"Timi I know you're very mad at me and I'm sorry. I'm sorry I left without a word. I was just blinded by love, I wasn't thinking properly."

I laughed, " And it took you five years to realize that? Where is the man you ran off with? Where is he?"

I waited for a reply and I got none. "Well?"

"I left him." She whispered.

"Why? When? Why are you not talking?"

Dani sighed, " When we left five years ago we went to port harcourt where we decided to start a new life.Things were not easy for us at all since,  James had to look for a factory work but I couldn't get a job myself. Few months later I got pregnant and I was scared. I told James and he told me to abort the child which I didn't and it made James so angry that he didn't speak to me for months, he later came around when I gave birth but things got really hard for him, feeding three mouth and he was always frustrated and angry and he put all these frustrations on me." She stopped and was crying.

I couldn't help but feel sorry for her, " And what happened?"

"I endured all the beating and insult for a few years but then I found out I was two months pregnant last week. James threatened to kill me and the child if I didn't abort the baby and that was when I knew I had to leave. I was so scared to come back home after all these years but I don't have anybody to run to except you and mom." She was sobbing and my mom was trying her best to hold back tears as she comforted her.

"So that is who you dropped out of the university for?"

"Timi please let's just be glad she returned back to us alive."

"Where is this James now?"

"He's still in Port Harcourt, he has been calling me and threatening to come to lagos to kill me if I don't return."

"I'd like to see him try. Let him come to lagos if he won't spend the rest of his life in jail." I paused, " Did you guys get married?"

She shook her head and I nodded in relief.

"Timi I'm really sorry I left like that."

"We were worried, you never called and we didn't even know if you were dead. You don't know the position you put us in."