nInE🕊

Anna,

THE REST OF THE WEEK PASSED IN A BLUR AND BEFORE I KNEW IT, it was Friday again and I was at home with my family. "Mummy see, mummy see." Star jumped excitedly wiggling a paper at my face, trying to get me to look at the paper and I groaned.

"I'm coming, let me finish what I'm doing." I replied as I read a WhatsApp message Becca sent to me.

Becca; Can you believe Angel is married? I just spoke to her on the phone, she'll be coming this evening to assist us sef.

Me;
It's a lie, wow I'm so happy for her. Anyways I'll be at your house in an hour. Talk later.

"Mum do you remember Angel?" I asked my mom who was sited beside me.

"That your friend back in secondary school. You guys were joined in the hips back then." She replied without taking her eyes off the the television.

"Yes, she's married o, Becca just told me."

My dad mumbled something which I didn't pick. " Sir?"

" I said you're the only one not married."

There was an awkward silence which was broken when Star ran to my side again. "Oya mummy see what I drew."

I stared at the paper and it took me a while to realize she drew our family because there were so many people or should I say sticks with  hands and legs in it. She began pointing who was who. " This is grandma and grandpa, this is uncle Daniel and Aunty Eunice and this is Charles and Cassie." Cassie was a single straight line with head drawn across Eunice. I chuckled at that.

"Go on."

"This is Aunty Juliet, Jeffery and Jasmine. Then this is me and you." She finished happily. I started aft the drawing once more.
" And who's this ?" I pointed the only figure she didn't point.
"That's Daddy." She replied and my heart ached.
"Okay go and play with Jasmine."

Mum smiled at me with sadness in her eyes , "What did you tell her about her dad?"

"Whenever she asks I tell her her father's working in a very far place and he would not return soon."

"That's why you need a man to be a father figure to her."

I ignored my dad once again checking the time on my phone. It was almost five thirty. I got up, picked up the bag I had packed earlier.
" Mom I'll see you tomorrow."

"Ever sicne we got here, we've not spent time as a family. It's weekend now and you're going out."

"Tomorrow is Becca's engagement party. She wants us to do a small dinner party and I have to go assist her."

"Okay, take care of yourself, greet her for me." My mum replied.

I entered the room where my Jasmine and Star played together for and I smiled, " Baby I'm going over to your godmother's house. I'll be back tomorrow."

" Okay bye."  She replied without passing a single glance and I was a bit hurt, but at the same time I was happy to know that she had people keeping her company.

"Aunty buy something for us when you're coming back from."

As I parked at the front of Becca's compound , she came out " Latest bride in town!"
"That's me." She replied as we hugged.
"I love the hair." I commented as I played with the strands.
"Bone straight two fifty thousand na your mate?" She replied feeling the hype, " I was just about to go the market to get some ingredients thank God say you come. Enter car make we go."

I groaned, "Can't you go without me?"

"And waste transport? When I have a friend that has a car. Shey na because say I neva buy car."

"E don do, let's go." I said finally giving in.

In two hours time, we were driving back to her apartment. "Guy isn't one carton of turkey and fish not too much for the party?" I complained.

"No na, even if it's remains I would just store it in the freezer, no problem with that one."

I parked and we got down, carrying all the items into the house. Becca lived in a spacious two bedroom apartment at lekki. The living room had a big dining area at the left corner, and at the right was the door that led to the other rooms.

" how many people were invited?" I asked.

"Like eight I think."

"You think?" I eyed her.

"You, Jesse, Rose from work, Micheal's friend Tayo and Timi." She said using her fingers to count.

My eyes grew in surprise, "Timi is coming?"

"Of course, he's a close friend na." Becca eyed me suspiciously, "What? Have you guys still having your teenage fling?"

"What? No!" I exclaimed. "We don't even talk."

Few minutes later Angel arrived.  She gave me a tight hug as soon as she saw me, "Anna it's been ages, where have you been?"
"Around o." I replied studying her looks as she pulled away.  "You look really good Angel."

"Thanks, you too. I couldn't believe it was you at first. I'm so glad we're spending time together again."

She hugged me again before leaving to great Becca.

We spent the whole evening starting up on the food preparation for the next day and when we were done, we retired to the living room where we spent the whole night talking about our lives. 

I finally realized I've been living a boring life all these years as we filled each other in on some things we've missed in our lives.

I quickly sent a text to Emeka.

I'm in.

A/n

Hey guys, so here's the second update I promised y'all. Next update will be on Friday

Please read, comment, vote and share.

Thanks for reading.