tWeLvE

Timi,

I LISTENED ATTENTIVELY TO ANNA as she talked about her Uni days and when she got pregnant and I still couldn't believe Anna had a daughter. I was happy for her but I couldn't help feeling a little bit of envy. Envious on how every one of my friends seemed to be living a good and peaceful life and here I was still struggling with my marriage.

"– but honestly I don't regret meeting Dayo, because if I didn't, I wouldn't have had Star and I wouldn't have been the person I am today." She finished.

"I still can't believe he knew you were pregnant and he didn't stick around."

She shrugged, "I don't need him, my daughter might not have a dad but she has Daniel who's a great father figure in her and also my dad who is also really supportive."

I nodded as a chewed on a bite of brownies, I released an involuntary moan and Anna shook her head and laughed, "Is it that good?"

"You should try it."

"It wouldn't taste that good in my mouth, I made it."

"True."

"So what about you?" She asked with curious eyes.

"What about me?" I threw the question back. I knew what she meant, she wanted to know what I've been up to since we lost contact. I didn't feel like talking about myself, I wanted to hear more about her.

"You know what I mean. What have you been up to since we lost contact?"

I was quite for some moments as I studied her, she looked so composed. This was Anna I've known since childhood yet she was a totally different person from the girl I used to know. Gone was her innocence and shyness and now all there is all boldness and wit.

She raised a brow as she ate her ice cream and I was brought back to her question. "Why did that happened?" I asked choosing to ignore her question.

She shrugged.

"I mean we were good at first, we went to school and everything just changed gradually."

She sighed, "You still feel it's my fault."

I shook my head," I'm sorry I said that the other day. Maybe it was your fault but it was equally mine." I looked up to find her looking me straight and in the eyes, " I know it probably doesn't matter now but I'm sorry I didn't reach out, it was really childish of me waiting for a call from you and when you didn't call, I didn't too."

Anna finally looked down to her hands on her laps. " You're right, it doesn't matter anymore." She slowly stood up to leave and that instant my heart fell. I didn't want her to leave. I wish we could continue the conversations till morning.

"I should go to bed. I have to leave early tomorrow morning."

I frowned, "You have somewhere to be? Tomorrow's Sunday."

"Yes, church."

"Oh."

Anna walked over to my corner, she stood directly in front of me, making me look up to her and her down to me as I was still seated and at that moment I wanted nothing more than to wrap her my hands around her waist and hug her. " What do you mean by oh?" She asked using finger quotes.